Ibanez 7's in AUS

• Thread starter Ibanez_fanboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
The neck on the 1077XL is one of the nicest necks ever, IMO. I just love the white binding and offset dots. White fretboard binding is to me sort of what cream pickups are to Drew. Just adore that look.

HB, everyone has their own tastes (you especially), but as a pretty ardent death metal fan, I'd think the TZ is a bit too dark and indistinct for you. I'm sure some of that is offset by the 1077's brighter character, but maybe not enough for the ideal sound...? Possibly. The BC has alot of the character of the TZ, but with a sound more like the Blaze. It's a little bit of the 'best-of-both-worlds', I think.

But then, I think brutal metal, I think EMG. *here's where we need that damn shrug smiley*

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I've gotta admit I'm surprised by HB's Tone Zone choice. I think the BC would be more Ken's cup of tea. And he's not an EMG fan at all from what I can tell.
Anyway, beautiful guitar that 1077XL, but not as sexy as my pUniverse :fever: j/k

Body.jpg

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
dpm said:
I've gotta admit I'm surprised by HB's Tone Zone choice. I think the BC would be more Ken's cup of tea. And he's not an EMG fan at all from what I can tell.

I was a little suprised as well. The Blaze Custom is the ultimate pickup in the world and I was sure HBer would be all over that baby. :cool:

By the way, dpm, your guitar is an abomination and disgrace. ;)

Ibanez_fanboy

I want a 1527!!
Reaction score
dpm said:
Anyway, beautiful guitar that 1077XL, but not as sexy as my pUniverse :fever: j/k

Body.jpg
thats one sexy ass mo fo guitar :hbang: :hbang: :metal: :metal: :shred: :shred: :hbang: :hbang: :bowdown:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Thing is, even though i do like Death metal a lot, i'm more of a thrash type, so i kinda gravitate towards that more than Death Metal tone. My favorites tonewise are the newer Testament & Sodom Cds (Esp. M-16. I Can get fairly close rythm tone to that albums) . I didn't "Choose" per se, the Tone Zone. It was installed by the previous owner, and i actually like it a lot.. so i decided to stick with it. I would definately consider a BC at some point if i feel the urge to try something different.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Uploaded pics of my guitars to the gallery. The only ones I didn't upload were pics of: my acoustic, mandolin, and bass (which I gave to my brother anyway, so I guess it's not mine anymore - but I suppose this means I just can't say goodbye...).

')