Status
Not open for further replies.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Info

I hate to do this considering all the months I spent waiting for the parts to come in to upgrade and customize this beast, but I really have no choice. Although I am in love with its tone now w/ the Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat 8, the look with the custom african marble pickguard, and how it plays, unfortunately my fairly small hands and this neck just don't get along. I'm okay for a while but after about 15-20 minutes I get this horrible sharp pain in the nerves on the side of my hand. It would seem 8-strings and myself just aren't going to work out.

For background and details on this guitar, check out the thread I made here. Basically, this guitar essentially has been babied and is still in its original condition (save for the mods). I bought it a few months ago and it sat in its case unplayed while I waited for the schematics and materials to be completed and shipped. I just got this done a few days ago.

The guitar has Elixir NanoWeb 9-12-16-24-32-42-52-68 and of course has the Bare Knuckle Pickups 'Cold Sweat' handmade pickup in the bridge. The african marble pickguard was custom made by Pickguard Paradise in New York to my specs. Any prospective buyer who loves the concept but maybe not the specific pickguard I opted for can save a lot of money/legwork since they have the RG8 since they have the template saved now.

Price

$1375.

I'm really just going to try to make most of what I put into it back. The guitar costs $1799 new and I put in about $325 in upgrades (not including labor).

Shipping/Policies/Etc

I'm open to ship to Canada, Europe, or anywhere somewhat civilized and I'll accept most forms of payment. I can accept Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Bank Wire, etc.

Trades

I *will* entertain trades, trades + cash, etc. I'll listen to any offer, but generally I'm interested in 7-strings, Parker Flys, Caparisons, PRS, high-end tube amps, etc. That said I much prefer to sell it outright so I can order more stock for my biz.

Photos

19.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cleaned up. Lets keep OT/"I wish"/"If Only"/"free bumps" crap out of this thread. You want to make a comment do it in a PM. This thread and any responses should only be in serious regards to the sale of the guitar.

:squint:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
This guitar in action...

Having serious second thoughts about selling this now though. Now that I've raised the strap height to chest-rocker levels :)noway:), I've alleviated some of the discomfort issues I was having due to my small hands.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Feel free to make offers guys, the price is not completely firm or anything :)

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah thats my auction, and of course I'm aiming high there. Id' take a lower price for forum members.

Thanks for looking out though :)

-Nick

I take it this is your auction then although you don't say its going on ebay in this thread (just to make sure somebody isn't scamming anyone). I just came across it flipping through the ebay pages.

Ibanez Custom RG 8-String w/ BKP Pickup Prestige RG2228 on eBay, also Right-Handed, Electric, Guitar, Musical Instruments (end time 25-Feb-09 11:04:59 GMT)

Free bump on me.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Price Drop! This will be the only one, as otherwise I'd rather keep it.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ibanez has raised the price on new RG2228s to $1799. You can get this w/ the upgrades for less? ;)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
This is still available... will consider best offers? I can even get a new pickguard made for this if someone wants.

Caveman

Caveman
Reaction score
Im actually lovin the guitar. never tried and 8 string always wanted too.

is that an 8string trem? scuse the noob question. just not familiar with 8strings.

if you dont mind parusing through my gear list on my profile i may be willing to part wiht something and some extra bones for such a beauty.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Im actually lovin the guitar. never tried and 8 string always wanted too.

is that an 8string trem? scuse the noob question. just not familiar with 8strings.

if you dont mind parusing through my gear list on my profile i may be willing to part wiht something and some extra bones for such a beauty.

Hey man, I appreciate your offer as you have some cool stuff but I'm mainly looking to just sell this outright. To answer your question though, no it's not a trem. It's a hardtail bridge thats bolted down, but it has the fine tuners and locking nut like a floyd. It's a pretty sweet design, real stable :)

Caveman

Caveman
Reaction score
damn ahahah im kinda bummed. i just aint got the dough for it or id actually probably do it. that'd take some savin up.

oh and a tip for that hand strain issue.

i used to have the same problem with my 7 string V as it was neck heavy and liked to sag down and causing me to over bend my wrist. and i generally play a very low hanging guitar.

what i did was raise the strap a bit(not too bloody high. I'm not one of the beatles) and i sorta had to learn a different fretting technique with the guitar angled up verticle a bit more than i was used too. in the end i have no more wrist issues and that guitar is one of my favorite to play standing.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
damn ahahah im kinda bummed. i just aint got the dough for it or id actually probably do it. that'd take some savin up.

oh and a tip for that hand strain issue.

i used to have the same problem with my 7 string V as it was neck heavy and liked to sag down and causing me to over bend my wrist. and i generally play a very low hanging guitar.

what i did was raise the strap a bit(not too bloody high. I'm not one of the beatles) and i sorta had to learn a different fretting technique with the guitar angled up verticle a bit more than i was used too. in the end i have no more wrist issues and that guitar is one of my favorite to play standing.

Thanks for that, I have tried that and it helps, but the reality is it still is strenuous for me due to my shitty hands. It's too much of a sick guitar to be relegated to part-time service, just not worth it to me. I'd rather have the funds to buy more stock for my business or pay bills :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts