Ibanez Acoustic 7, string gauge?

• Thread starter Heavy Ed
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Heavy Ed

singlecoil goodness
Reaction score
I recently bought a used Ibanez AJ307CENT acoustic. It doesn't have the right string gauge (strings on it now are too light!) and frets out of tune. Original owner doesn't know what the gauge of the factory strings were! :wallbash: Anyone who has one please HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
what sort of gauge do you play normally?

I play quite light strings on my acoustics (10s or 11s Martin SP 80/20 Bronzes), so a low 'e' from a set of 13's or 14's could be doable. :)

HappySinner

I am the Anti-bling!
Reaction score
I put a set of 11 - 47s on mine, and add a 56 for the low B.
Probably a little light for what you want, but it works for me. :eek:)

Heavy Ed

singlecoil goodness
Reaction score
:shred: On my UV's I use .010 to .056 in standard tune, but I like a heavier gauge for my acoustic. The set thats on it now is .013 to .056 with a .010 for the high E. It feels to loose without a wound G string and open chords are out of tune. I was curious about the factory setup , but I think I'm going to use .011s or .012s with a .064 for the low B.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
chuck some huge thick strings on the for the lower tuned strings, and some not to thick, but not too thin strings for the higher turned notes at the bottom :hbang: Not really positive, don't play acoustic, even a 7 string acoustic at that. but i'd imagine thats how i'd do mine. Some not slinky at all ernie ball strings and something else will suit your needs :agreed: Unless you can find a good set of 7 string acoustic strings?

')