Ibanez apex 30 vs esp sh-7

• Thread starter Wileyrawlins
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering what you guy thought was better the apex 30 or sh-7
i had been wondering the same thing. Im trying to see which 7 i would prefer to try out so i can finally tryout the Evertune. So far, the APEX30 is winning in my book because the SH-7 has a wider than normal neck, and a reverse headstock (i can tolerate these on trem equipped guitars because i can use the locking nut to mitigate the effects on the strings)..... but that finish just draws me in everytime. im still stuck at undecided, need to hear more feedback from folks with the APEX30

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
I have owned the Apex 30 but not the SH-7. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the SH-7 would be a better overall guitar based on my experience with LTD's over the years as opposed to Indonesian built Ibanez. The Apex was a cool guitar besides I felt like it lacked "quality". It felt cheap overall and had a couple minor issues that had to be dealt with. The Evertune wasn't my favorite thing to have either.

Ironside

Reaction score
I have both guitars.

The ESP LTD SH-7 "Sir Headly" is 200% the more premium instrument. The quality of the fit and finish is SUPERB, and it feels like you're playing a beautiful piece of art.

The APEX30, though, is probably one of my favourite guitars I've ever owned. I'm a HUGE "made in Japan" prestige snob, so I was disappointed that it is Indonesian, and it really shows (fit and finish isn't as good, guitar doesn't feel as premium... not even close).

As far as the look/style of the guitars, I prefer the APEX30 (again, Ibanez fanboy), plus it looks like a weapon with the sharp 'horns' of the RGA style body. I just wish it was a Japanese Prestige model with the fit and finish that would come with it.

You do pay for the added quality of the LTD, since it is more expensive by a good amount. If it comes down to your budget being a factor, certainly go with the APEX30. If money isn't a problem, and you love PURPLE, get Head's guitar.

You won't be disappointed no matter which you choose, but the LTD SH-7 feels like something special.

I'm also not ashamed to say I LOVE EVERTUNE SO MUCH!!! Once you wrap your head around how it works, it's SUPER easy to work with, and very stable. I'll never own another double locking Floyd Rose if I can help it.

Side note... Evertune guitars are HEAVY as balls (weight wise... LOL), so consider that as well.

20220518_165134_resized.jpg

20220514_002346_resized.jpg

Last edited:
')