Ibanez Ax7-521 (FINISHED)

• Thread starter Realbebop
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Realbebop

Reaction score
So a while back, I started a thread documenting my 1999 Ibanez Ax7-521 Japan model.

You can view that thread here:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...anez-ax7-521-restoration-update-pic-dump.html
:wavey:

I bought this guitar a while back and decided that the quality of the neck (maple, bubinga, rosewood) and body (mahogany) were such that I felt it would be worth modding the crap out of.
Well... I did just that.

Pulled of the the poly finish, stained, and tung oiled.
Then I replaced all electronics, pickups, hardware, and nut.

Cleaned up the headstock, and shielded er' real nice.

So my friends, without further adue:

Before:
photo-2.jpg

074bfe56.jpg

ecad0641.jpg

After:
ffab4b02.jpg

e1d11c7e.jpg

5f02e44c.jpg

Thanks to all of you for advice along the way. I leave for brian galloup in October, and this project became a great learning experience.

Hope you enjoyed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter

Drinkin' a Pizza
Reaction score
Looks gorgeous man! I stripped my AX7221 and left it natural mahogany... I wish it felt like an AX7521 though! Those things are great.

Can we get a list of specs? I wanna know exactly how that knob-pickup-selecter works. Is it a fader between the bridge and neck?

Realbebop

Reaction score
Thanks for all the wonderful comments guys, I really appreciate the kind words, as for the 5 way rotary switch, the options are neck bucker, bridge bucker, both, neck split and bridge split. I'm on my phone and leaving for work at the moment, so I'll be sure to take the time and discuss specs etc. Later tonight. For those wondering, the pickups are bk coldsweats.

Jedi_Ekim

Reaction score
I know I'm late to this party, but that's a really nice red! Excellent job.

I don't know what I want to do with my own AX7521, I think either naked and poly'd or Transparent Red to match my JS6000TR would be cool, but I'm not sure. And I'm lazy to boot. :)

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Reaction score
So a while back, I started a thread documenting my 1999 Ibanez Ax7-521 Japan model.

You can view that thread here:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...anez-ax7-521-restoration-update-pic-dump.html
:wavey:

I bought this guitar a while back and decided that the quality of the neck (maple, bubinga, rosewood) and body (mahogany) were such that I felt it would be worth modding the crap out of.
Well... I did just that.

Pulled of the the poly finish, stained, and tung oiled.
Then I replaced all electronics, pickups, hardware, and nut.

Cleaned up the headstock, and shielded er' real nice.

So my friends, without further adue:

Before:
photo-2.jpg

074bfe56.jpg

ecad0641.jpg

After:
ffab4b02.jpg

e1d11c7e.jpg

5f02e44c.jpg

Thanks to all of you for advice along the way. I leave for brian galloup in October, and this project became a great learning experience.

Hope you enjoyed!

Do you still have the bridge?:)

')