Ibanez AX7-521 restoration--update (pic dump)

• Thread starter Realbebop
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Realbebop

Reaction score
Big question guys,

Pickup rings or no pickup rings? That is the question.
I'm leaning towards no.:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Realbebop

Reaction score
dda4d6f8.jpg

24c251bc.jpg

cc3a6740.jpg

Okay, this is the last pic update until I can get the bridge and or shielding in order.

sorry to keep post whoring pics, I was just unsatisfied with the lighting in the other pictures and decided to give it a shot in natural light. My camera works better in the sunlight.

It's one of those things where I can't stop staring at it. This guitar is going to be a beast hahaha. I think my tele has found her man.

ascender

Reaction score
Man, I can't believe I've missed this thread as long as I have ... that looks amazing! Super good work, dude!

Realbebop

Reaction score
I talked briefly with Bill Callaham via email today.

I messaged another 7 string member regarding some dimensions on his 7 string tele plate. If I obtain them, I'll be able to customize them to meet the needs of this build.

I'm becoming very picky when it comes to what bridge to incorporate on this guitar. I've had a lot of guys tell me that I should not go with 3 brass t-saddles and one solo t-saddle for the low b, but it's too late. The idea has implanted itself into the deep crevices of my head.
Can't turn back :D haha. Whatever direction I decide to go, you guys will be the first to know about it.

Shredcow

Mangled Beef
Reaction score
I have to say - I'm impressed that you've gone with Callaham. Quality!

Also, since you're doing a single saddle for the low B, you can experiment with a steel saddle maybe. I've seen 6 string teles with 2 brass and 1 steel (low E & A strings) setups and it's that way for practical reasons.

Realbebop

Reaction score
I have to say - I'm impressed that you've gone with Callaham. Quality!

Also, since you're doing a single saddle for the low B, you can experiment with a steel saddle maybe. I've seen 6 string teles with 2 brass and 1 steel (low E & A strings) setups and it's that way for practical reasons.

I've definitely thought about going steel for the low B, but because of the size of the string, I thought maybe a graphtech T would provide a better lubrication median, and because it's graphite, will make the low B sound dark and bass like.

I'll keep steel in mind. Thanks for the input. :metal:

Realbebop

Reaction score
45a8a932.jpg

Shielded er' up today. Picked some of that shielding paint from stewmac. Good stuff!

Pic's are shitty, oh well.
8b67bce0.jpg

Progress has been slow, I'm about to move into my new place in a matter of days.

apiss

Reaction score
^ Is that an old Chinese coin thingy I see there? Mounted with the rear strap button?

Wicked idea, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
')