Ibanez Dino Cazares Limited Edition Signature 7 string

• Thread starter jwade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
Can we try to guess the specs on this new signature guitar? Could be fun to see how predictable it is. :lol:

27" scale 24 frets
Basswood/alder body
Indian rosewood fingerboard
Maple neck, 5p with wenge stripes
neckthrough design and quartersawn
Offset dot inlay, treble side, with FF 12th fret inlay
Reverse headstock
Ibanez tremolo-system
HH config, SD actives (blackouts or custom-order)
3-way pickup selector and single volume control

The body shape is the unpredictable one. RG? RGD? RGA? Xiphos?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

downburst82

Reaction score
I would assume it will probably be the specs they have released a couple of times already in connection with his upcoming sig? (2014 catalog has a photoshop representation of it and lists most of the specs)

Could be since this is "limited edition" they decided to ditch that and go with something different?

Still I would say its more than likely they will follow the specs already laid out for the most part :shrug:

ps: I tried to find a link to the catalog picture but for I cant seem to find one(have it saved on my computer but lazy), i'm pretty sure most people interested in his sig have seen it anyways.

Skullet

Reaction score
I'm guessing it will be a limited edition high end model and a cheaper premium model will be released later down the line ( it may even be a diff Dino model like what they done with tosin , who knows )

downburst82

Reaction score
Just because so far there is no pictures of what it might possibly look like, these are what is out there for speculation so far.
438a5cm.jpg

phZIlK6.jpg

Again with it being "limited edition" it could mean they went in a different direction?

ps: again I know most of you have probably already seen these but whats a thread without a few pix ;) (besides control covers of course)

celticelk

Reaction score
I really hope it's a 27" neck, opposed to the regular 26.5" on RGDs. (If it is an RGD of course)

Zoom on the catalog image and look at the placement of the 2 and the ) in the neck specification. There's no way that says 27" - it takes up too much space.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Limited edition, huh? If we're talking TAM100 - M8M pricing, I'm out. Cool it's gonna happen anyways, but I smell some frustrating details, either regarding the price or international availability.

the.godfather

Mr. Flibble
Reaction score
shitsøn;4054272 said:
Limited edition, huh? If we're talking TAM100 - M8M pricing, I'm out. Cool it's gonna happen anyways, but I smell some frustrating details, either regarding the price or international availability.

If it's a limited edition and they've got Dino signing the plates...the price is gonna be in that ballpark. Plus well, it's Ibanez. That's what they do. Collectors will still jump on them asap regardless of price.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Limited Edition doesn't necessarily mean huge money. The Komrad sig is "limited edition" as well.

slapnutz

Reaction score
As much as I'm Gasing for this, I dunno, I just fear that the paintjob will either make it or break it for me.

Please dont have a sparkly/metalflake finish. (that said, its HIS Sig so he can tell me to .... right off)

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
:yesway: Nice to finally have some confirmation. I'm just anxious for Ibanez's announcement so that I can go pre-order mine. I figure price point will be higher but I just don't care, been wanting his sig forever.

I'm very curious on any info for the sig Seymour Duncan Blackouts he was working on. Hopefully it'll be in there.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
The sig. looks awesome so far. HOPEFULLY it sits at the price of the also 'limited edition' Komrad.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
I know that it's a huge, massive, gigantic deal for Dino fans everywhere, but I can't see why there is hype for a super expensive RGD with a single pickup and possibly another 1/2 inch in scale length (and a few other details), beyond that fact that it's gonna have Dino's name on it. Assuming that it would be like the M8M or the TAM100 in price, of course. It's awesome that he will finally get something though.

Latest posts

')