Ibanez Dino Cazares Limited Edition Signature 7 string

• Thread starter jwade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skullet

Reaction score
I think most of the hype is the fact there will be a limited production 7 string with a reversed headstock ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I don't see how a TAM/M8M price would happen. Dino doesn't go for super high-end shit with his guitars to begin with, so...

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
I think will be around 1300-1500 dollars street. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. That red color is so secksy.

Sebastian

Reaction score
I'm guessing it will be a limited edition high end model and a cheaper premium model will be released later down the line ( it may even be a diff Dino model like what they done with tosin , who knows )

It'll be a limited run - but if people will buy it will stay in production longer if people don't buy it it will not last long.

Who knows maybe a cheaper model will be released later? It all depends from the sales...

I guess it's best to wait patiently for more updates :)

:metal:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dino doesn't go for super high-end shit with his guitars to begin with, so...

Huh?

Pretty much all of his guitars have been near-priceless (as in not sold to the public) American made (LACS) custom guitars, sometimes with custom bridges and pickups.

Given the prices on used LACS I would probably put the value around $3k on average.

You don't need goofy features and flashy woods to make a high end guitar.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It'll be a limited run - but if people will buy it will stay in production longer if people don't buy it it will not last long.

Who knows maybe a cheaper model will be released later? It all depends from the sales...

I guess it's best to wait patiently for more updates :)

:metal:

Insanely thin neck or not, I'd buy a budget DCM.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Huh?

Pretty much all of his guitars have been near-priceless (as in not sold to the public) American made (LACS) custom guitars, sometimes with custom bridges and pickups.

Given the prices on used LACS I would probably put the value around $3k on average.

I think the point he is going for is that Dino is not Tosin and his guitars dont have exotic woods and gold hardware and a ton of switching options. When your admittedly very expensive handmade guitars look like lots of other guys' home-modded 7620s it can be hard to get excited about a $3000 production version.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think the point he is going for is that Dino is not Tosin and his guitars dont have exotic woods and gold hardware and a ton of switching options. When your admittedly very expensive handmade guitars look like lots of other guys' home-modded 7620s it can be hard to get excited about a $3000 production version.

Implying that woods and switches determine a guitars price, especially from a large, well established maker. That's not the case.

The TAM/M8M are pricey because they fill very small niches (8-strings, long scale, etc.) and made in the best shops Ibanez has on payroll. This guitar will fit in all those aforementioned niches, and will likely be made at one of the nicer shops.

Also, $3k? The price seems to be going up at a rate only the internet can make happen. :lol:

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Implying that woods and switches determine a guitars price, especially from a large, well established maker. That's not the case.

The TAM/M8M are pricey because they fill very small niches (8-strings, long scale, etc.) and made in the best shops Ibanez has on payroll. This guitar will fit in all those aforementioned niches, and will likely be made at one of the nicer shops.

Also, $3k? The price seems to be going up at a rate only the internet can make happen. :lol:

That's not what I said at all really. Unless you are mistaking my suggestion that folks might not see as much perceived value in a bare-bones RGD for a very high price.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
i just always wished this was released back in the day

dino_cazares_fat.jpg

That would have been sweet. :metal:

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Huh?

A single pickup, flat black, minimal inlay, single volume RG/RGD would not be considered a 'high-end' guitar at all. What I meant is that he plays very spartan instruments. IE: tools. Aside from the airbrushed graphics he gets, his instruments are very very basic.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
A single pickup, flat black, minimal inlay, single volume RG/RGD would not be considered a 'high-end' guitar at all.

Do you consider the Ibanez M8M a high end guitar? Because you pretty much just described it. :lol:

Although, the M8M does have a tone knob, I will give you that.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
You can build a guitar like that to a very high level of craftsmanship and justify high expense. The $6000 M8M is a perfect example. But conventional definitions of "high end" would probably include more flash. Think of something like a Daemoness which has a ton of inlay and fancy wood for all that money. If you like spartan then a basic guitar is awesome. But if Ibanez is charging you $3000 for your hero's guitar and giving you very few features for all that money you might scoff at it. Its all just a matter of perspective and personal preference.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Do you consider the Ibanez M8M a high end guitar? Because you pretty much just described it. :lol:

Although, the M8M does have a tone knob, I will give you that.

Those are neck-throughs made in Japan, though. Not a very accurate comparison point to the bolt-on basswood guitars that Dino favors.

:pickle:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
1) How do you know this won't be made in Japan?
2) He has both bolt-on and neck-throughs.

:fawk:

EDIT:
3) Why does a bolt-on matter if it's high end or not?

s4tch

Reaction score
Think of something like a Daemoness which has a ton of inlay and fancy wood for all that money.

This is a Daemoness:

tumblr_mn5a1jaaLB1rmwdm8o8_1280.jpg

TBH I prefer the simplicity of this one over an average Daemoness build with huge inlays, fancy woods and stuff. This is a barebones guitar, yet high-end.

I'd consider a limited edition MIJ Dino sig high-end, regardless of the flashy details.

Latest posts

')