Ibanez Dino Cazares Limited Edition Signature 7 string

• Thread starter jwade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
MOD EDIT: Rep complaints, they'll get you banned. :coffee:

As for the statement itself, to be fair, the blacked-out entry in the Ibanez product catalog showed the DCM100 having a Prestige neck, so unless they changed the specs drastically, it does seem like it'd be Japanese-made. Is it likely to be made by Sugi + have the M8Ms level of quality/craftmanship? I really doubt that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this guitar, and I'm sure it'll be excellent quality, but all of this talk about a price-point on par with Tosin's and Meshuggahs guitar? I find that completely ridiculous.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitar_player4_2_0

Reaction score
I for one am hoping this takes off and they do a budget version. Maybe a Premium? Who knows, with Dino playing 8s as often as he does maybe they could do an 8 version. Dreaming, I know.

AJD000M

Reaction score
438a5cm.jpg

I wouldnt mind this at all. But def not worth 3k

WhoThenNow7

Reaction score
This is a Daemoness:

tumblr_mn5a1jaaLB1rmwdm8o8_1280.jpg

TBH I prefer the simplicity of this one over an average Daemoness build with huge inlays, fancy woods and stuff. This is a barebones guitar, yet high-end.

I'd consider a limited edition MIJ Dino sig high-end, regardless of the flashy details.

THAT is gorgeous.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
438a5cm.jpg

I wouldnt mind this at all. But def not worth 3k

I wouldn't mind this being the actual guitar, but definitely not worth 3k to me. A guitar's worth depends on the person. This would suit someone's needs well and I'm sure they'd pay for it to get the job done, but I wouldn't as I don't see it worth 3k to me.

Chances are it's going to be a 3k rgd2127(z) with a reversed headstock, single bridge pup, probably in flat black/invisible shadow, and bolt on neck (which sounds awesome). I'd love to have one, but I wouldn't pay that much for it. Hopefully it sells well and gets made into a production model (which it will no doubt, but as for becoming a production model, less than likely. There's always hope!).

Churchie777

Reaction score
I'd actual love to see them make the build total very limited and made in the LACS with no cheaper model down the track give these alot of worth and not have em like a bad disease with every man and his dog having them :2c:

Skullet

Reaction score
I'd actual love to see them make the build total very limited and made in the LACS with no cheaper model down the track give these alot of worth and not have em like a bad disease with every man and his dog having them :2c:

To be fair these will have worth regardless of a budget/premium model (if they even bring one out) . For all we know this limited edition could be a RGD and the premium (again if there is one) will be an RG so either way the limited edition model will have worth . Just like the meshuggah models .

jbard

\m/
Reaction score
The specs with exotic woods and such will have a bit of an impact on price, but the #1 justification for me when buying high end custom shop guitars is the QA/attention to detail that results in a feel and playability that nearly all production guitars just don't have. My M8M for instance is super basic, but the playability on it never ceases to amaze me.

Guitars are tools and the more attention to detail in the crafting of the tool, the sharper and easier to use you can expect it to be.

GXPO

Reaction score
We should all wildly speculate until in fighting kills any possible joy we could have gained from this otherwise exciting, long awaited announcement. :lol:

Some of you guys need to chill.. I mean, there is a good chance it will be expensive but we have zero confirmation of where it's even being made. I hope it's a 5 string Sabre with a square heal, fat neck and single coils just to enjoy the outrage. :lol:

All that being said, a red RGD with an ebony board would set my world on fire.

Estilo

Reaction score
Barebones no BS doesn't always translate to low price. Look at .........s, Blackmachines, Jaden Roses. Bet they don't look unjustifiable of their high price tag to the commoner.

On the other hand overly flashy details can look tacky rendering them looking "cheap" in the eyes of the consumer. Recall how fanciful inlays are disdained upon generally?

Korngod

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm definitely intrigued! Zooming in on the catalog ad... I see 26.5" scale. I wish I'd have enough to fork out for it... my guess is that it will be priced around $1000-1500

Latest posts

')