Ibanez Dino Cazares Limited Edition Signature 7 string

• Thread starter jwade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Any Ibanez reverse headstock is very cool in my book but if thats the official Dino sig we all been waiting on for so long, colour me disappointed

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Ok, I retract my former question about if there was anything special about it. That matte maroon color would be a great contrast to my "invisible shadow" RGD.

As far as price point, if Ibanez had it down to the Prestige RGD or M80M price (~$1,500), I think that it would be reasonable. I do not see any indication that it is neck through. Effectively, it looks like the 2127z with one active pickup and an Edge Lo Pro instead of the Edge Zero.

Either way, the idea is starting to grow on me.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Looks cool. I can only assume that its price will be around the Apex200, which is ~$2,600.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Looks cool. I can only assume that its price will be around the Apex200, which is ~$2,600.

I'm assuming this, too, especially since it's a Prestige model.

Anything under $2k is wishful thinking. But if it happens, I'll be fvcking amazed. :lol:

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
It's bolt-on for sure, or else Ibanez would have specified the body as a 'Mahogany Wing Body'

Throw me in with the lot that think it's a bit overpriced for what it is, if it settles in at ~3K USD street. I've never really been into FF (never even heard ONE song, I sh!t you not), so I'm not in a rush to get myself one, but I've always liked his many LACS' and that's what originally dragged me into following all this...

And as such...

Son__I_am_Disappoint_by_SonIAmDisappointPLZ.jpg

Churchie777

Reaction score
Ok all these price question Ibanez center here in Australia has it at $2799AUD i assume itll be the same everywhere

Sebastian

Reaction score
Ok all these price question Ibanez center here in Australia has it at $2799AUD i assume itll be the same everywhere

I highly doubt the price will be the same all around the world - Isn't everything more expensive in Australia as guitars/gear goes?

Same thing with Europe - guitars are more expensive than in the US...

so for sure the States will get a better price - like with "every" guitar out there

:)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Is that retail or street?

I highly doubt the price will be the same all around the world - Isn't everything more expensive in Australia as guitars/gear goes?

The Uppercut series is $2500 in Aus, while it's $2000 in the US. Whatever it is in Aus, I imagine it'll be $300 - $500 cheaper in the US.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
The Uppercut series is $2500 in Aus, while it's $2000 in the US. Whatever it is in Aus, I imagine it'll be $300 - $500 cheaper in the US.
This. Aussies kinda get screwed over too often by big company prices (which is extremely unfortunate.. :noplease:) so anything that's branded by a big manufacturer name is bound to have a good fraction higher of a price there, like mentioned in the post above. 2,000usd would be a really nice price for a prestige RGD Dino sig, though I don't think I'd personally pay more than 1,800 because I really need that neck humbucker and wouldn't want to have to route it, BUT THEN AGAIN it opens the opportunity to route for a single coil in the neck which colors me interested.. but then I don't quite play 7s in band situations to justify busting that much on a guitar before I bust it on a prestige 6er instead, which keep in mind the main prestige line had a MAJOR price drop this year with the introduction of the new models, due to what people assume to be the japanese economy.. which COULD mean the dino sig might be even cheaper.

Who knows, we'll see soon enough.

WhoThenNow7

Reaction score
I dig it too but I have a strong feeling it's going to be more than $2k... and with that said, I'd much rather buy the guitar I originally wanted to buy when it comes out: the uppercut.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
I am more excited about the pickup than the guitar itself :lol:
you think they'll release them for general sale or just for this model?

I need me some RETRIBUTIONS in my guitars :lol:

77zark77

Reaction score
One pickup guitars are cool only when they come with a nice graphic finish

')