Ibanez Fixed Bridge Replacement

belliardd

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been looking in to the RG321MH series recently for something of a project guitar. I have a similar bridge on my RG8 (albeit an 8-String version) and I'm not all too fond of it. Would a standard 6 string Hipshot fit in its place? or at least not have holes showing once installed? I don't care about drilling new holes, but I don't want holes left over outside of the new bridge's area. Are there any other bridges that are either drop in replacements or that'll cover any existing holes?

I tried searching for the answer to this question for nearly an hour and wasn't able to find it. If it has come up before and it's been answered please link me to it!

Thanks in advance and rock on!:shred::wallbash:

Andre

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

s4tch

Reaction score
I've had a black RG321MH a while back:

DSC_5929.jpg

I'm still in contact with the recent owner of the guitar, so if you need exact measurements, PM me, and I'll drop him a mail.

The hipshot is not a direct replacement as those have 3 holes in different areas, not 4 at the corners like the Ibanez bridge. Either you could only replace the saddles with Hipshots (or Graphtech StringSavers, for that matter), or you could replace the whole bridge and drill new holes for the Hipshot. As far as I remember, the baseplate of the Hipshot was just a tiny bit larger than the Ibanez, so you'll see no holes after replacing the bridge.

Or you can e-mail Hipshot and ask for a direct replacement for the specific guitar. I've seen them make direct replacement bridges for 7-string Ibanez models like the 7321 or the old MIJ 7421/7621, so odds are they're willing to offer a similar solution for 6-string models too.

The Shit Wolf

Sniffs out bull....
Reaction score
I have a couple fixed bridge RGT's that I've either replaced the whole bridge with a hipshot or just replaced the saddles with graphtech saddles and in my experience with the hipshots you will get alittle bit of the original bridge holes showing but it's not enough to notice, I would say less then half the original holes show.

If that's really a problem for you tho I would go with a set of graphtech saddles because while I like the "look" of the hipshot bridge I actually prefer the graphtech saddles. They seem to have a better tone to me along with they don't get easily scratched or worn like the hipshot and I honestly haven't broken one string since I started using them and definitely get yourself a graphtech nut regardless of what you decide to go with.