Ibanez FR 7 String (mockup)

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Harvatt

Reaction score
I've placed my order, it's being made with the neck pocket slightly brought in each side 0.25mm

It's a very exciting time!

Also thinking of replacing the nut on the rg7321 neck for an Earvana. Anyone have any experience with these.

A friend of mine is going to loan me a Seymour Duncan blackout until I can afford a Bareknuckle Painkiller. I figure there should be enough room in the control cavity for the 9v battery as I'm only having a volume control fitted.

Anyone have an recommendations for barrel-style jack sockets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Harvatt

Reaction score
The body has been made, here are some pics...

DSC07434.jpg

DSC07435.jpg

Awaiting delivery!

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I can't wait to see how this fits with your neck. I've considered doing the same thing for my RG7321.

eurolove

Reaction score
The body has been made, here are some pics...

DSC07434.jpg

DSC07435.jpg

Awaiting delivery!

did you order this from perle guitars by any chance? i happen to have the smaller brother of this guitar, its being assembled now, its mahogany too. it is 6 string humbucker bridge single neck with a gotoh floyd, the neck is zebrawood.

Joe Harvatt

Reaction score
I can't wait to see how this fits with your neck.

Me too, might take a bit of shaving of the neck cavity apparently. It'll be badass when it's done.

did you order this from perle guitars by any chance? i happen to have the smaller brother of this guitar, its being assembled now, its mahogany too. it is 6 string humbucker bridge single neck with a gotoh floyd, the neck is zebrawood.

Yeah, ordered from Perle. Seems to be a really good guy.

Sounds nice man! What tuning are you gonna put it in? How are you gonna finish yours?

eurolove

Reaction score
Me too, might take a bit of shaving of the neck cavity apparently. It'll be badass when it's done.

Yeah, ordered from Perle. Seems to be a really good guy.

Sounds nice man! What tuning are you gonna put it in? How are you gonna finish yours?

probably gonna just be my standard tuning trem-wank guitar, this allows me to block off the trem on my rg1527 to use for all different tunings, dont get on very well with the edge pro 7. and mine is getting wax or tung oil i think, either way its going to be a natural kinda thing. i have to say though, this is one of the most comfortable body shapes to play ever.

SanekN

Reaction score
Oh my freaking god it's so clean and the shape is sexy too! It's cuban or honduran mahogany? Cant wait to see this assembled!

astm

Reaction score
looks great!!! are you finishing it or are you going to leave it natural?

Joe Harvatt

Reaction score
looks great!!! are you finishing it or are you going to leave it natural?

It feels amazing as it is, but it's going to need sealing from the elements. I think I'll use a red stain and then tung oil. I don't know much about finishing.

Joe Harvatt

Reaction score
Yep, one piece. Haven't been able to play it yet obviously, but it has a great resonance and note when knocking it with my knuckle! Hopefully that's a good sign.

Levi79

Reaction score
This looks great! Looks pretty similar to my build actually :lol:

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
So, I'm assuming you had no problems with the neck fitting into the pocket or the neck screw holes lining up, ect? Looks real nice! :yesway:

Joe Harvatt

Reaction score
Who did that for you Joe? (fellow Pembrokeshire x-resident here)

It was a guy called Nate Perle. Think he has a shop on ebay, very quick turn around. Ah yeah? Where abouts are you from?

This looks great! Looks pretty similar to my build actually :lol:

Lets have a look!

So, I'm assuming you had no problems with the neck fitting into the pocket or the neck screw holes lining up, ect? Looks real nice! :yesway:

Unfortunately, the neck isn't attached yet. The holes in the neck are slightly different to the body. So I'm going to have them filled and redrilled. I'm told this is because I have an indo neck and they can be inconsistent as to where they drill the holes.

Latest posts

')