Ibanez Genesis Collection

• Thread starter Whammy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GrayPianoFlying

Reaction score
The one thing I just worrying about is this.

Here is Translation...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
????????? 2013-09-02 13.32.54.png
Lock Nut
The effect of metal parts brings to the sound is more than expected of you.
RG is become the first series of Genesis collection,
Equipped with a Made in Japan Ibanez Original "TOP LOK III" with Retainer Bar which effects to the string tension, and Retains Stability of strings.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for my poor translation!

I mean, Maybe Ibanez have Plans for releasing "Genesis Collection S" or "Genesis Collection AR" or something like that. :metal::metal::metal:

Any way, I'M REALLY HAPPY!:hbang::hbang::hbang:

Any Request or Questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Here's the thing, thanks to taxation and market size guitars will never be the same price from country to country, continent to continent. If we averaged out instrument price globally, folks in the United States and Canada would be PISSED! We're paying easily 20% less on the low side and as much as 70% less on the high side (Have you seen South American and Australian prices?!). This means that importation from Japan will be cheaper in tons of markets, look at all the folks that buy stuff from the US for that very reason...

That definitely makes more sense when it's put into perspective like that, being Brazilian myself I definitely know how bad retail pricing is down there on literally everything haha. And good to know that it won't be really over 300, I'll definitely keep my eyes on that RG550 and contact Ishibani about it.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
How exactly does one go about ordering from Ishibani?

Just send them an e-mail with a link to the product you are trying to buy or is some sort of crazy wizardry required to acquire guitars of that level of sexiness?

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
How exactly does one go about ordering from Ishibani?

Just send them an e-mail with a link to the product you are trying to buy or is some sort of crazy wizardry required to acquire guitars of that level of sexiness?

The product pages on Ishibashi (and Ikkebe-Gakki, as another option) both have buttons to click to make English inquiries for purchasing the products. On Ishibashi it's "Send an Inquiry" and on Ikkebe it's "Product Inquiry (English)."

LordHar

Reaction score
There is a guy on jemsite called 'Jason in Tokyo" who is Australian and works at Ishibashi. Maybe he can be of help to some of you.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/member.php?u=62764

On Jemsite he also said: 'I can tell you all now that they are only available in Japan for now. I know this because I spoke to Hoshino today. There are currently no plans to go outside of Asia at the moment. Whether they do in the future is anyone's guess. At least for 2013 they will not be in the USA, Australia, Europe or elsewhere.'

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Something just doesn't add up, why are these so much less expensive than other MIJ Ibanez? I just don't understand the math.

If you look on Ikebe the pricing makes more sense in the context of what models are available over there. These are looking to be priced right above the Premiums but just below the all the new figured top Prestige models.

Besides, look at the way they're marketing these: "Made by the Japanese for the Japanese", it reads of them making these available for a lower price to get into the hands of more Japanese players. This series is Ibanez trying to recapture their home market from which they haven't actually been wildly popular in for awhile.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Ikkebe-Gakki told me they won't ship internationally.

Hoping Ishibani gets them in stock...as they have made it clear they will.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ikkebe-Gakki told me they won't ship internationally.

Hoping Ishibani gets them in stock...as they have made it clear they will.

Yeah the higher ups at Ikebe put the kibosh on doing international sales, which is a bummer since they get tons of really cool exclusives.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Oh. Lame. Then again, I could probably get a round trip plane ticket to Japan for about what it'd cost me to have something shipped here from the US, if I ever need a new Ibby that badly :lol:.

BillNephew

Reaction score
Oh dear. Gotoh hardware, V1-V2 pickups, and an original edge? If I can get my hands on one of these to pair up with my RG570, I would be one happy man.

ibanezgitarrero

Ready to RAWK.
Reaction score
This series is Ibanez trying to recapture their home market from which they haven't actually been wildly popular in for awhile.
So even the upscale Prestige models and the super high-end J-Custom models (that are all unavailable outside Japan :mad:) all don't help to make Ibanez more popular in Japan?

Sunyata

Bro Story Cool
Reaction score
What are the chances some of these will be on ebay for reasonable prices?

Dooky

Reaction score
There is a guy on jemsite called 'Jason in Tokyo" who is Australian and works at Ishibashi. Maybe he can be of help to some of you.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/member.php?u=62764

On Jemsite he also said: 'I can tell you all now that they are only available in Japan for now. I know this because I spoke to Hoshino today. There are currently no plans to go outside of Asia at the moment. Whether they do in the future is anyone's guess. At least for 2013 they will not be in the USA, Australia, Europe or elsewhere.'

This makes me said.
The thing that endeared me to Ibanez was this era of guitars. The 90’s Made in Japan RG’s - the 550s, 570s, 560’s, 770’s etc. - & all the cool colour options they had. I kinda prefer the original Edge & the square heel too. The current line-up of MIJ Ibanez just don’t do it for me.
Oh well, can only hope. I’d love a brand new Road Flare Red RG550.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In that case, you might want to check out the red 20th Anniversary RG. The have all the right moves and their build quality is on Prestige level.

With the prices folks are trying to move those first reissues for, you may be better off importing these new ones, which seem to be just about identical, minus the cool color matched cases and other assorted goodies. :lol:

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone stateside, Ikebe gave me a quote (very reasonable) and told me these would be available in mid to late October. I know there's conflicting info above, but I was told that they are able to ship to Houston. :shrug:

ibanezgitarrero

Ready to RAWK.
Reaction score
With the prices folks are trying to move those first reissues for, you may be better off importing these new ones, which seem to be just about identical, minus the cool color matched cases and other assorted goodies. :lol:
Good point. The color-matched case is indeed the only "serious" goodie - the strap is not very useful because it's quite narrow; and the picks are for the collection only and not for the field (at least for me). ;)

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone stateside, Ikebe gave me a quote (very reasonable) and told me these would be available in mid to late October. I know there's conflicting info above, but I was told that they are able to ship to Houston. :shrug:

WELL DAMN! Maybe they just hate Canadians?!

xzyryabx

Reaction score
For any of you guys that want a guitar from a Japanese dealer that won't ship, you can contact James (meestursparkle) @ Meestursparkle Japan Guitar Shop Middleman Service and he will take care of you.
I've only dealt with him once but it was a good experience.
He's very active on ebay if you want to check out his references.
He charges a flat fee, but that includes shipping and insurance (if I remember correctly) and I got my guitar in 4 days from Japan to Boston!

')