Ibanez Genesis Collection

• Thread starter Whammy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Mine got posted two days ago. I hope Australian customs don't keep it for too long.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
I know there's the square heel pics but really, that's not the "genesis" of Ibanez by a long shot, I hope most of you guys realise that.

If it's the "Genesis" of Ibanez it'd be... well, shitty 50s Japanese guitars from before they were good, then a bunch of Gibson and Fender copies that would see lawsuits flying around all over the place.

If it's the genesis of Ibanez as we know it, I want to see these coming back:

50965-1-big.jpg

1981_Ibanez_Artist_AR300CS_B815077.jpg

2663_body.jpg

Those were the ones that cemented their reputation as really solid guitars and helped the RGs etc become such a huge success when they came out.

If they did I might just have to sell about half my collection just to afford one, and I totally would. I think the AR420 is cool, but it's made in China and having played a couple I would say that the feel/build quality is about what you would expect from a Chinese Ibanez. I thought they were pretty unimpressive.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
It's a bit sad they are so expensive, I would've expected (read: hoped) they would've been a lot cheaper. They seem overly stock for such expensive guitars :(

MIJ with an MSRP of 100,000 Yen which = about $1010? I'd say that's a damn good price. I mean my 1421 was $1000 new which I'm not sure what the MSRP was on that but i'm sure it was more than $1010

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Mine arrived in Australia this morning! Let's hope customs don't hold onto it for ages!

lawizeg

Reaction score
Nice! This whole thing makes me want to take a trip to Japan just for guitars.

rockstarazuri

Reaction score
I didn't know they have a foreign staff there lol. Need to check the shop next time I go to Shibuya!

Matt_D_

Reaction score
SSO MEETUP SHIBUYA GO!

Ahh, if only eh? next time i'm in town I'll have to hit you guys up for beers, yakisoba and guitar shopping ;)

I really need to get my tail back to japan, place is awesome. I need to get back into learning japanese too. Im not sure I remember any from the last time I was studying it.

Im trying to shift a few bits and pieces to be able to afford one of these. Hopefully I'll be able to turn things around fast enough to snare one!

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
So, they do ship to the USA and they are about 860 usd? Dayam, I think I want one.....

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
I seee.........(waving hands around) a violet chameleon in my future.......

Now as to when, that is a good question :lol:

Hmmmmmmmm, the choices are between the beautiful black pickguard/maple fretboard, or the very sexy rosewood board and the straight body........

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Am I the only Ibby lover who's not particularly excited? I don't like the square heels at all. If I wanted one of these, I could go pick them up for $300 on used.guitarcenter.com. I don't really see what's so special about re-releasing products that are readily available on the used market for less than half the price. With more options too - square necks, AANJ, super wizard necks (bubinga stripe), etc.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Ok. Bump the dead......

If I look at my yen to dollar conversion, I'm in the market for the 570 chameleon. But I'm not savvy to be able to order it from the states.

How for those that have, can I get a USD quote from one of those companies with shipping to the USA?

Matt_D_

Reaction score
Email ishiabshi, see what they say. They've been really awesome to deal with and will tell you straight up what they can, and cant do.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Alright, sent. If they have them and it's not horribly expensive, I'd have to choose between the 550 and the 570. I really would prefer the 550 with a rosewood board. I think the 570 is the way I'll go though.

')