Ibanez Genesis Collection

• Thread starter Whammy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

November5th

Old Shredder
Reaction score
I am very happy about this. I love the Chameleon's especially.This makes me feel as if I ran into a high school girlfriend 25 years later, and she is still smoking hot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_D_

Reaction score
I tweeted at Ibanez USA, they said they had no information at this time. could be a while before they're anywhere other than JP. (if at all)

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
Even though I typically dislike pickup rings, I'm a bit bummed that they aren't included.

The 5 pc neck is not accurate either, but I completely understand why they would.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
That mahogany one. I need it. I also need that chameleon thing in my life. And that red one. And that yellow one.

.... it. Gimme all of them :lol:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I am super glad that the 570's didn't come with pickup rings like the originals :lol:

I'm the exact opposite. I much prefer pickup rings due to practicallity purposes, but then again, of all the new Genesis RGs, I prefered the black one. :lol:

Either way, I'm not complaing about these at all. :yesway:

All my Japanese friends have been pestering me to visit them lately. I really should now... you know, being a good friend and all... :idea:

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I'm the exact opposite. I much prefer pickup rings due to practicallity purposes, but then again, of all the new Genesis RGs, I prefered the black one. :lol:

Either way, I'm not complaing about these at all. :yesway:

All my Japanese friends have been pestering me to visit them lately. I really should now... you know, being a good friend and all... :idea:

And be the absolute greatest person ever and send one my way. :lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's a bit sad they are so expensive, I would've expected (read: hoped) they would've been a lot cheaper. They seem overly stock for such expensive guitars :(

Edit: oh of course, butthurt people neg-repping me. Just speaking my mind, nothing wrong with that.

Expensive? For real? They're cheaper than most MIJ ESPs, all other Prestige/MIJ Ibanez, cheaper than some Indo Schecters, and even cheaper than lower end MIA Gibson and Fender.

They might not be dressed up in bargain basement veneers, have "the next big thing" in pickups, or feature overly hyped specs, but they (if they really do have Super Wizard necks) have some of the most delicious necks ever and some of the best made hardware ever. If the fretwork is on par with current Prestige offerings, these will be KILLER player's guitars.

Also, before you go complaining about the price, keep a couple things in mind:
-Japanese pricing isn't always better, in fact it's often not after taxes. Even on goods manufactured in Japan by Japan-based companies. The EU isn't the only region with taxes.
-The prices posted are the list price, you know, the price you never actually pay and is usually around 20% more than street.
-It's not Ibanez's fault that the EU taxes imports so heavily.

Also, don't bitch about rep. It's a rule. :yesway:

Reaction score
Expensive? For real? They're cheaper than most MIJ ESPs, all other Prestige/MIJ Ibanez, cheaper than some Indo Schecters, and even cheaper than lower end MIA Gibson and Fender.

They might not be dressed up in bargain basement veneers, have "the next big thing" in pickups, or feature overly hyped specs, but they (if they really do have Super Wizard necks) have some of the most delicious necks ever and some of the best made hardware ever. If the fretwork is on par with current Prestige offerings, these will be KILLER player's guitars.

Also, before you go complaining about the price, keep a couple things in mind:
-Japanese pricing isn't always better, in fact it's often not after taxes. Even on goods manufactured in Japan by Japan-based companies. The EU isn't the only region with taxes.
-The prices posted are the list price, you know, the price you never actually pay and is usually around 20% more than street.
-It's not Ibanez's fault that the EU taxes imports so heavily.

Also, don't bitch about rep. It's a rule. :yesway:

You're right, I shouldn't bitch about it. I take the repping system bit too personally. Sorry about that, I've already edited out. :)

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score

:agreed:

My only gripe is that I hope to see them stateside, but doubt we will.
I could just as well search ebay for an old square-heel 550/570, but I do like the idea of these. Particularly the RG670 MH.

heregoesnothing

SS.org nub
Reaction score
So tempting!!! why i haven't heard this before??! i wish the RG550 was available in white though...

rg550-1.jpg

rockstarazuri

Reaction score
Not enough colors? Ibanez can do anything, but in the end there will still be someone unhappy. They can't win haha

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I must admit I'd have been partial to an orange 550. Trying to find one on ebay atm but the ones I find are either destroyed or the guys is smoking crack on the price.

Kaappari

Reaction score
Anyone ordered from Ishibashi before? wondering if its worth to get a used prestige into Australia from them

I have ordered from Ishibashi and I have nothing bad to say about their services. The shipping cost was pretty reasonable and the guitar came to Finland quite fast. The customs at least in my country were kinda expensive though.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chameleon RG550 ftw. Hope these will be easy to acquire here in the states....

Easy as ordering from any of the bigger US based dealers. Just call or e-mail Ishibashi and give them your credit card or arrange a bank transfer.

Yeah, you'll be paying a bit more for shipping and import, but on something that's not too expensive like these, it shouldn't be a big deal, especially if you think the Japanese list prices aren't bad.

I tweeted at Ibanez USA, they said they had no information at this time. could be a while before they're anywhere other than JP. (if at all)

HUSA usually doesn't know anything, or they're really good at playing stupid. Pick one. :lol:

Talk to Chesbro, the other official Ibanez Importer/Distributor for the US. They're usually much more willing to import stuff, especially for folks with cash in hand.

Matt_D_

Reaction score
HUSA usually doesn't know anything, or they're really good at playing stupid. Pick one. :lol:

Talk to Chesbro, the other official Ibanez Importer/Distributor for the US. They're usually much more willing to import stuff, especially for folks with cash in hand.

I'm in AU, so chesbro wont be much help. Engaging the local distributor here would probably add several hundred dollars to the cost.

')