Ibanez gibraltar 8 dimensions

• Thread starter Lloksaadvi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lloksaadvi

Reaction score
Hi, I'm building an 8 string and deciding on the bridge. One of my options is the Ibanez Gibraltar standard II 8 bridge, but to make a final decision, I need one of you kind people who own one to measure the string to string spacing (not the overall string spacing) at the bridge. Also the saddle height (max saddle height if you can). The bridge looks like this:

IMG_3313.JPG

And I know some of you have it, it's on guitars like the Ibanez tam10 and some rg's.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
Dang wish all the RG8s came with that bridge!
Im sorry mate... All i have is the sub standard stock bridge.

cip 123

Reaction score
Don't hipshot make replacement Gibraltar bridges? Could have the spacing and stuff there.

Lloksaadvi

Reaction score
Don't hipshot make replacement Gibraltar bridges? Could have the spacing and stuff there.

I had a look there but they don't have any dimension sheets. It probably wouldn't be the best thing to go off anyway

weirdoku

Reaction score
You should take into account the minimum saddle height too, this will affect how deep your neck pocket will be. The saddles goes down to a definite minimum but going up you can get longer screws than the default ones, if you need.

I've got a 6 string version I just measured the combined height which should be of some use to you. The string spacing on the 6/7/8 versions of this bridge should be the same, the spacing is roughly 10.20mm between the middle groove of each saddle. The default screws are about 8mm long, the highest I can get the saddle to go is ~15.37mm on my calipers give or take. But remember you can get longer screws.

Lloksaadvi

Reaction score
You should take into account the minimum saddle height too, this will affect how deep your neck pocket will be. The saddles goes down to a definite minimum but going up you can get longer screws than the default ones, if you need.

I've got a 6 string version I just measured the combined height which should be of some use to you. The string spacing on the 6/7/8 versions of this bridge should be the same, the spacing is roughly 10.20mm between the middle groove of each saddle. The default screws are about 8mm long, the highest I can get the saddle to go is ~15.37mm on my calipers give or take. But remember you can get longer screws.

Thanks!

')