Ibanez Guitar Screws

• Thread starter JosephEMG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JosephEMG

Guitarrus
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an Ibanez Gio and a Ibanez RG7321 that want to restore because all screws are really rusty. I want to buy new screws for everything, and I mean EVERYTHING (tuners, plates, neck, input jack, straps, humbucker rings screws, 3-way switch, etc) but I really don't know which ones fit Ibanez guitars. Are they a special fit for Ibanez guitars or just normal guitar screws? I browsed all-parts.com but they are sooo many of them to choose from and I don't really know how to measure the screws just to be sure. Anyone know which screws fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
You can take the existing screws to a hardware store to find a match, or order replacements through Rich at ibanezrules.com

phugoid

Reaction score
I restored the screws in my RG7621 recently by stripping the paint/rust off using a plastic scouring pad (scotch-brite, etc.), then spray-painting them with matte black paint. The only disadvantage I faced was that the fresh paint can chip/rub off while you're putting the screws back in - the key is to use a good screwdriver with an undamaged tip.

RideFour15

Reaction score
They're all standard threads (which you can match at a hardware store), the tricky part is finding the right lengths for certain ones. Screws for pickguards, for example, can be taken from any guitar and should work. When you have screws for floating bridges, it can get a little trickier.

')