Ibanez iron label hardware upgrade. whats the best?

• Thread starter ryanlikesbutts
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ryanlikesbutts

Reaction score
Gotta lot of buzzing on the low string and I generally want to upgrade the hardware.

What are the most solid manufacturers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rghoarder

Banned
Reaction score
Have you setup/had your guitar properly setup?

A proper setup should mitigate that buzzing.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
+1 with what you just paid for that Iron Label, you shouldn't need to replace any hardware to rectify buzzing. A proper set up should do the trick.

BodyOrigami

Reaction score
Just bought my iron label about a month ago and had the same buzzing issue. Proper setup and thicker strings did the trick.

Scalded_Ape

Reaction score
I got my Iron Label 7 in August and it had really bad buzzing on the low strings. I got a local tech to give it a proper setup and much thicker strings as I have it tuned a step down. 12-66 on it now with no buzzing at all.

Bohmer

Reaction score
I got my Iron Label 7 in August and it had really bad buzzing on the low strings. I got a local tech to give it a proper setup and much thicker strings as I have it tuned a step down. 12-66 on it now with no buzzing at all.

^This. I got my Iron Label 8 a few months ago and after a good set up and much heavier strings(11-80, tuned EAEADGBE) I have no buzz and it's absolutely awesome to play.

ryanlikesbutts

Reaction score
well i would like to set it up myself, but i dont have to tool to fix the action....

does anyone know? i feel like its just a tiny gauge alen key or whatever.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
^^ you'll need the allen wrench for the saddles (what the strings rest on) and another for the truss rod adjustment. If you don't know how to do the set up, don't be afraid to try it out after reading up a little.

If you bought the guitar locally, they may have the tools for you, or you can buy them at the hardware store. Just bring the guitar and find the two wrenches.

studmiester7

Official Logo
Reaction score
I've had my Iron Label 8 setup from the get-go, and I've had zero issues. I use D'Addario .10 - .74 at drop E, and it's all groovy. Sound like it's time to look at your string gauge, and get your bridge/neck setup.

')