Ibanez Iron Label - Quality Disappointment

• Thread starter Scalded_Ape
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scalded_Ape

Reaction score
I've spoken to the Co I bought it from and they are happy for me to return it.
They have another in stock that I'll check over, but if it has the same issues then I'll see what else they have.

I do really like this Iron Label guitar but any recommendations for a 7 string around the £500 / $800 mark ??

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bohmer

Reaction score
I'll echo the play before ya pay sentiments. I got my RGIR28FE from a small, local mom&pop shop and the quality is excellent, I couldn't be happier with it considering the price. I also got to spend considerable time with it before I parted with the cash.

I don't know what pricing is like where you're at but the LTD's are definitely worth a look. My main 7 is the SC607B and I love it. The pup configuration isn't for everyone nor is the 27" scale, but it's exactly what I wanted out of a 7 in that price range.

Scalded_Ape

Reaction score
I went to the shop today and explained my feelings about the guitar I had, and they were very happy for me to try out other Iron Label they had in the back.

The quality of the new one is much better than the one I had and playing it in the shop it also felt good, though the standard gauge strings were a little thin for my tastes the shop said they would change the strings and get it setup for me.

Perfection .... I dont know if a lot of it is physiological but the new one with it's much better quality finish just feels so much better to play.

So I'm very happy and thanks to everyone on here who commented and helped.

Suho

Guitar Guardian
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, glad you got one you liked. My SIR27FD was very nicely setup when I got it, but I had my sales rep at Sweetwater personally bring the guitar to his desk to check out after the tech went through their checklist just to be certain he didn't find any problems. I haven't had a problem with it.

ALL Ibanez 7/8 strings come with rather thin guage strings imo, but that problem isn't limited to Ibanez, either.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Did you ever get any pictures of the flaws the 2nd one had? Just out of curiosity... Good thing that it worked out in the end.

At first I couldn't figure out if you were just trying to rag on these for whatever reason because all of your posts on SSO are in this thread, and we get a lot of wonderful "pundits" visiting us out of the blue whenever something is trending in the guitar world. But I guess you gotta start somewhere, and you just happened to start with a mild complaint.

sear

Reaction score
I have played a few Iron Labels in guitar stores. That's probably unfair considering that they're off-the-shelf instruments that have been abused by tons of kids, but... they were just not that good. Bad and pointy fretwork, ugly cheap-looking finishes with lots of flaws, and so on. They weren't horrible or anything but next to a more expensive instrument or even some other brands in the same price range, there was little comparison.

The only really good thing about these guitars is that they come with better pickups than the stock Ibanez ones.

')