Ibanez Iron Label series thread

thatguyupthere

is rockin out
Reaction score
well Ibanez is obviously paying attention to its guitar players needs. one volume knob and no tone knob, since a sum of metal guitarists never use the tone. I think "iron lable" is just for marketing the hardware they have on it like the "nitro" wizard neck and tops like FM and bubinga with ebony FB. anyways, pretty much what im SEEING is that they are between Ibanez and Ibanez premium quality.....at the price of premium and prestige.

instead if Ibanez going into this new territory I would have loved to see them expand on their premium line. those guitars are a huge :yesway: from me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Dummy as hell due the low quality of the basswood (for RGs) or mahogany (for S) ?

The same basswood used in the Jem and Prestige RGs that folks go on about?

I like the simplicity of the Iron Label stuff, which is what I gathered the idea behind them was- "everything you need nothing you don't" type guitar. Plus for those of us that prefer fixed bridges when these came out it was nice to see more fixed bridge ibbys available.

Played a few at the store, no extended experience with them but they felt good to me in that short time - no obvious defects like sharp frets or anything.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
shitsøn;3394002 said:
58223_10151431133038638_925373581_n.jpg

Not gonna lie, this looks pretty sexy. EMGs without pickup rings are a great look.

That and, thank sweet baby Jesus, it isn't another black Ibanez.

Metal Guitarist

Reaction score
Recorded these with my Iron Label 8 as seen above.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/metalguitaristpsycho/peavey-6505-w-8-string-metal[/SC]
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/metalguitaristpsycho/ibanez-8-string-strange[/SC]

Latest posts

')