Ibanez is dicking us around.

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Sephiroth000 said:
You can still import a right drive version. Or there is a custom shop in California that will do a retrofit. If you got that kind of cash to buy one-importing and setting it up for ODOT is nothing but a small speedbump..

Yeah, but by then you're a stone's throw away from a Porsche 911 Turbo, at least the last time I read an article about such importing/converting companies.

I think if I had the dough, I'd be more inclined to own something that is such perfection on wheels as a 911 Turbo is. :shred:

jski7

Reaction score
Polaris20 said:
I think if I had the dough, I'd be more inclined to own something that is such perfection on wheels as a 911 Turbo is. :shred:
:nono: No , you want the Carrera 4 or GT3 . As far as the Skyline - it is here basically . It's called the Infiniti G35 coupe ;) . Same as the 2005 Skyline available in Japan . It's not the GT-R though (4wd) ....

As far as Ibanez , well what hasn't been said ? I believe every post above is correct in one fashion or another . The most prophetic is Kevans comment about paying for the really good stuff . It's just what we have to do .

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
MyOwnEffigy said:
So, we just must idly wait until a musician of ability strikes the scene again and gets people excited about learning guitar and needing a great sounding or playing guitar. That's where I see the issue to be.
and that person is me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fawk: hahahaha... but really, i am! :ugh:

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Here's another way to think about it....

Imagine we *did* have all those models here, and XXXX had our current lineup.
This thread would still exist.
Why? Because someone, somewhere, would be "unhappy" about not being able to get one of the models that's only available over there.

"Man, I wish Ibanez had more $500-$600 guitars....like this model available only in XXXXX."

I promise you it would happen.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
That's exactly why I had to order the 2127X from Japan. Because Vintage Violin just isn't 'metal'. :hbang:

Bastard Toadflax

Change is on the way...
Reaction score
(nothing to do with guitars) If you like Porche's, check out RUF, they take Porche chassis' and make them 1,000% sweeter... :agreed: Saw it on National Geographic I believe it was...

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Regor said:
That's exactly why I had to order the 2127X from Japan. Because Vintage Violin just isn't 'metal'. :hbang:

I disagree wholeheartedly. I'm pretty metal, and everybody ADORES my 2027.

That being said, I think the 2127 is about 10x more metal than the 2027.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Kevan said:
"Bill Gates is worth $100,000,000,000, and apparently a decent haircut costs $100,000,000,001." -Dennis Miller
:lol:

Drew said:
You know, in his defense... There are a LOT of surprisingly attractive girls who have a thing for really smart-yet-dorky guys. Add a few hundred million in there, and it's a pretty irrisistable package. I think Gates may be smarter than you're giving him credit for, Kevan... ;)
bill gates is not a smart-yet-dorky guy. he's a theif who capitalized on copywriting something that was intended to be opensource. he took some free, opensource software that was widely available, altered it a bit, claimed the work as his own, and started crying like a baby when people wanted to use it for free. aye, what a fine american :)

and people wonder why i switched to linux :D

Chris said:
That's exactly how I got laid in College. :hbang:
you and me both!
26.gif

anyways...
it seems that ordering from Japan is the way to go as far as aquiring high end Ibanez stuff, even if it does mean longer shipping times. hell, i think it would be that much cooler and meaningful to have to resort to such channels. i just wish i had the money to do so :p

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
I disagree wholeheartedly. I'm pretty metal, and everybody ADORES my 2027.

That being said, I think the 2127 is about 10x more metal than the 2027.

Ok, let me 'rephrase' that statement then.

On it's own... a 2027 can be 'metal'.
Compared to a Jackson RR1, a 2027 isn't metal 'enuff'
A 2127 compared to a RR1 can hold it's own.

How's that? ;)

jtm45

Reaction score
I agree with 'The Dark Wolf' on this one (as i too own a 2027;)).

The RG2027 is a stunning looking guitar and as soon as most people see it they are amazed by how stunning they look 'in the flesh'.

Agreed, it isn't the most metal looking guitar of all time, but that wasn't really a consideration when buying it (and if i want METAL then that's what my DINO is for).

To me the 2127 looks like an economy level finish.I like oil finishes and matt finishes but the 2127 looks like a 'treacle' finish to me:).

RG9.jpg

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Regor said:
Ok, let me 'rephrase' that statement then.

On it's own... a 2027 can be 'metal'.
Compared to a Jackson RR1, a 2027 isn't metal 'enuff'
A 2127 compared to a RR1 can hold it's own.

How's that? ;)

:lol: Ok!

(But I think the 2127 is one of the most metal guitars ever. Lovely! Flat black, RG, 7-strings? :wub: )

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Interestingly, Jackson does the same sort of thing. Check out the Japanese-market JacksonStars web site: www.jacksonstars.com

There are several very interesting neckthru models that Jackson doesn't bother sending over here, or make as production models in its USA shop. Fact is that metal-oriented guitars sell a lot better in Japan than they do in the USA. What's striking about Ibanez is the amazing number of models that they don't sell in the USA. I can understand if Guitar Center didn't offer the high-end models--they don't even stock many production USA Jacksons--but you'd think that Ibanez would be smart enough to offer the J-Customs and Prestiges and such to the more specialized dealers who DO sell a lot of high-end guitars in the USA. Doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Ibanez_fanboy

I want a 1527!!
Reaction score
Jeff said:
Yup, it's Hoshino and Chesbro, the other Ibanez distributor. They decide what will sell, and what won't.

Kinda like Nissan USA, who decides whether or not the Skyline will sell here.
fucking skylines!!! yeah im cool i own a R33 GT-R :ugh:

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
pfft, come live in australia then complain about guitars, prices, or lack thereof at ridiculous prices. Then don't even get me started on amps...

mesa dual rec + cab = somewhere near $7000 AUS.

luckily i got my interceptor from the states so I'm happy for now.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Speaking of old threads, I was dicking around on Ikebe's site and found this thing...o____O and yes, it is awesome, lol.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
jtm45 said:
I agree with 'The Dark Wolf' on this one (as i too own a 2027;)).

The RG2027 is a stunning looking guitar and as soon as most people see it they are amazed by how stunning they look 'in the flesh'.

Agreed, it isn't the most metal looking guitar of all time, but that wasn't really a consideration when buying it (and if i want METAL then that's what my DINO is for).

To me the 2127 looks like an economy level finish.I like oil finishes and matt finishes but the 2127 looks like a 'treacle' finish to me:).

RG9.jpg

How in the hell did you get a Dino guitar?

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
rg7420user said:
How in the hell did you get a Dino guitar?

Dino left Fear Factory and sold off a lot of his guitars on Ebay. There's quite a few floating about. Donnie used to own one as well.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dammit! I want one!

I want this little beauty too.

RG7EXFX_BP_1M_01.jpg

')