Ibanez Jem Design Contest loser.

• Thread starter Macka
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

avenger

Reaction score
I really like it with the white fretboard/inlay. not to say the Ebony donest look good but I think the white is on a whole other level of epicness.

ghost2II2

Reaction score
First Jem I've seen that I've liked since the originals, and the swirls...which where mostly Universes anyway. Very nice job man. I love your idea!

astm

Reaction score
awesome guitar!!! which pickups did you put on her?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
That looks awesome!

thatguy87

DjentyGoodness
Reaction score
This is an AMAZING contribution to the art that we in the music world can truly appreciate and I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you for sharing it with us. Some people (like me) didn't even know there was a contest so this is the only way we would have seen your awesome guitar!

This makes me get an itchy trigger finger for the neck I want to order from E.T. guitars but I'm not set on the specs yet >< damn indecisiveness. This is the link to my build thread. http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/luthiery-modifications-customizations/162694-custom-ibanez-build.html :hbang:

Jinogalpa

ESP fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
sick guitar man i like it a lot, the backplate is flawless.

you must be the brother of April Lawton, she painted her guitars too

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Well, good question. The reason is that I don't believe that a swirl paint job is worth five grand. A real mc reissue is about 7 to 8 grand which is bullshit. considering the actual UV part of it is only about 2500 bucks the rest is just daylight robbery, as are most limited edition guitars.

And I don't want a second hand one.....oh...... And I want to choose my own swirl. ET Guitars is now in collaboration with Herc Fede and to me, he is the planets best swirler.

Isn't Herc's work a little pricy too? I love soem of his stuff, but some of it just doesn't float my boat. I guess all swirls are that way- some sites show some wicked stuff with stinkers mixed in and vice versa. You can't predicct what's gonna happen- that's why I swirled my own.

BTW- I think your Jem is bitchen. Love the black and white scheme and the hidden things in the patterns. Go for a black and white swirl to compliment it!

Riggy

Djun djun djun
Reaction score
That's really awesome. Feel free to paint something on my RG, anytime, lol.

Macka

Vai Nut
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great comments. You surely all are a bunch of great people on this site and its very welcoming. I'm sure this is the beginning of a loooong relationship with this site. So much stuff to look at and so many people online at once, it's crazy popular.

I'm dying to get stuck into another custom but the funds won't allow it. Oh well, this custom that you've seen in this thread should arrive on my doorstep over the next couple of days including today so that should console me until I can afford another.

Cheers everyone!

Macka

Vai Nut
Reaction score
I believe that this design would've never come close to winning because Vai wouldnt want a guitar with a picture of himself on it. ............ wait, what?......did I just really say that?

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP MAN! THAT IS STUNNING!

Would you ever offer your artwork on other guitars? Im refurbishing an Ibanez EX at the moment that could do with some nice designs ;)

Macka

Vai Nut
Reaction score
DSCF5712.jpg

DSCN0487.jpg

DSCN0488.jpg

tuneinrecords

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the next design you come up with. Great work! Even the headstock is sweet.

')