Ibanez JEM7V7

• Thread starter 27InchScale
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
So i just traded my RG2228M and RG7620VK for a new Jem 7V7!!!! So now im waiting to see when i will be getting it. I have potential mod plans and wanted some opinions. First off i will keep everything that comes off to retain original value/integrity. I plan to basically change the trem, tuners, pick guard, covers and nut to all white with black cosmo HW to essentially give it an UV7PWH/ older Jem look. Anyone else think that would be boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
So i just traded my RG2228M and RG7620VK for a new Jem 7V7!!!! So now im waiting to see when i will be getting it. I have potential mod plans and wanted some opinions. First off i will keep everything that comes off to retain original value/integrity. I plan to basically change the trem, tuners, pick guard, covers and nut to all white with black cosmo HW to essentially give it an UV7PWH/ older Jem look. Anyone else think that would be boss?

I definitely like this idea. a lot.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
My rep just told me my jem 7V7 wont be in my hands til late july to mid august :(. So sad.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was told these were doing much better than anticipated in Japan.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The JEM7V7 is interesting. Play-tested one of the ones here. Sounds great as Blazes + Alder are a good mix (more so than Evos and Alder for sure, IMO). The neck is definitely the thinnest 7-string neck they've done in probably 15 years. Reminds me of the neck on my RG1077XL, but oiled. Its a lot like the 6-string one, with the scallops and all. The pricetag is definitely steep, but its an impressive guitar. It's personally not my thing as I cant get over the monkey-grip thing and I like the Apex100 more (basically the same guitar in most areas).

I still think the best new addition to the 7-string lineup is the S5427 Prestige. Every one that has come in has blown us away and much less coin than the signature models. My buddy grabbed one and threw some Black Dog/VH2 pickups in it, its killer. I really want one sometime but seeing as I have 8 Ibanez in my collection right now, its probably time to take it easy for a while ;)

DavidLopezJr

Reaction score
I still think the best new addition to the 7-string lineup is the S5427 Prestige. Every one that has come in has blown us away and much less coin than the signature models. My buddy grabbed one and threw some Black Dog/VH2 pickups in it, its killer. I really want one sometime but seeing as I have 8 Ibanez in my collection right now, its probably time to take it easy for a while ;)
Is the neck profile different from a typical RG7?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Is the neck profile different from a typical RG7?

The S7? Fairly similar to the RG, perhaps slightly thinner. The S7 Prestige has an identical neck profile to my Apex100, which is just a little thinner than the RG7 necks. The JEM7V7 neck is thinner than all of these.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
So if someone has recently gotten one of these please do a video review so i can stop dreaming

')