Ibanez JS 2000 vs. ESP Horizon III question?

dr_kotasz

Custom
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I apply to you guys for a little help / information.
Situation:
I have an ibanez Joe Satriani JS2000 for sale, and a potential customer asked me if I traded it for an ESP Horizon III (not E-II). This one, but in all black color: https://www.espguitars.com/products...egory_id=1968284-horizon-iii-series-guitars-2

Is it worth it?

I want to sell my guitars not trade. I'm not sure if I can sell the Ibanez easier or the ESP?
And I don't know EPSs so much, so I have only ideas how much it worth.

Please, share your thoughts with me!
Thanks in advance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dr_kotasz

Custom
Reaction score

angl2k

Reaction score
I'd say it's a good deal but you have to decide for yourself if you're gonna play the Horizon or resell it. Personally I wouldn't trade my guitar for another guitar that I have no interest in playing.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
All I know is that is a sweet ESP.

Sorry, not helping your decision any :lol:

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
It's a 2010, so, no, it's not a custom shop, nor an Original, which didn't exist at the time. When I said people were trying to confuse buyers with that. :/

Viginez

Reaction score
It's a 2010, so, no, it's not a custom shop, nor an Original, which didn't exist at the time. When I said people were trying to confuse buyers with that. :/
still a nice guitar and good trade imo...but personally i prefer the standard horizon shape.

Edika

Reaction score
Yeah ESP's are great guitars but if you're planning on selling it I think the Ibanez, being a Joe Satriani model, might fetch more. Aesthetically though I prefer the ESP and would choose to buy it over the Ibanez for sure.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I think you're confused. Original series is the original series. They've been around since ESP first started. They are hand made the same as custom order models. They weren't labeled original series until the factory made standard series came into being.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
You'd need a bit more info to verify if it's an original series vs. a standard series (E-II now), my gut says it's likely a standard series. I'd make the trade, but I'm an ESP nerd... Value wise I think the ESP could fetch more though as others have said the Satch model may be easier to move if it's time-sensitive.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Depends on the market. In North America I believe you are correct, though there's been consistent production of the Horizon III in Japan for quite some time, in Standard and Original varieties. Ideally I'd like to see the serial - that would tell us a lot more.

In the event it is an Original series, jump on that - fast.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

ESP Original Series has been around for awhile in Japan.

Plus it fits the bill for the guitar here, which is a 2010 Original Series Horizon.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100302160232/http://www.espguitars.co.jp/original/horizon/hrz_3.html

Only thing different are the pickups and the inlay. The inlay is what makes me wonder, but it might be there since it's a custom order?

Latest posts