Ibanez JS 7-string???

• Thread starter Nik
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this topic, but does anyone know what kind of pick-up that JS 7 has?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

halsinden

it's a british thing
Reaction score
again to bump this a tad, did this ever appear?

also, i can't seem to see the photos linked to early on of satch with his 7, anyone?

H

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
i'm afraid i actually understood none of that?

tad? i don't even know what most of the acronyms on this board mean.

H

:lol: You said it yourself :"again to bump this a tad"

I guess Djpharoah was pointing out to the fact it's a 2 year-old thread you've bump... So it's a bit more than a "tad" :lol:

No biggie. ;) Better yet than starting a new thread on a subject that already exist... Like these "Wich pickup for me guetar" threads that comes up about 664182 times a month.

halsinden

it's a british thing
Reaction score
:lol: You said it yourself :"again to bump this a tad"

I guess Djpharoah was pointing out to the fact it's a 2 year-old thread you've bump... So it's a bit more than a "tad" :lol:

No biggie. ;) Better yet than starting a new thread on a subject that already exist... Like these "Wich pickup for me guetar" threads that comes up about 664182 times a month.

that's me being a nonce, yes.

but then to be honest, i was going to post about it but figured i may as well address it on the relevant thread. is that... not a good idea?

H

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
that's me being a nonce, yes.

but then to be honest, i was going to post about it but figured i may as well address it on the relevant thread. is that... not a good idea?

H

That's totally cool. :yesway: Good to see you here man, I fucking love your band. :metal:

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
lol i know this thread is old
but i saw him playing with the natural a few days after he got it
he did a small free show at the guitar shop here while touring in promotion of is there love in space.
got to talk to him for a bit too.
dont know why he doesnt play 7s more. he may be short but god knows those alien hands can reach across the board

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
This IMO is an ok thread bump.. ya its old as fuck (like bill :fawk:) But it was a revelant question and not someones opinion on a 8yr old thread :lol:

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
I dont dig the JS6 neck shape- I wonder what the JS7 neck shape is like.

22 frets FTL imo

the JS body is very ergonomic though

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I dont dig the JS6 neck shape- I wonder what the JS7 neck shape is like.

22 frets FTL imo

the JS body is very ergonomic though

Different strokes for different folks. My JS2000 is my main 6 string. fookin' sexy neck.

I might actually buy another Ibanez if they ever came out with a JS7.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ditto here. :lol:

Does anyone know for 100% sure that there are two JS-7's? I know Joe was pictured a lot with that natural mahogany one at first, with the rough-shaped contours, and then afterwards we stopped seeing it and he was pictured a lot with the (properly shaped) trans red one. I'm wondering if they didn't just build him a quickie proof-of-concept, and then after he recorded a few tracks with it and dug the guitar, sent it back for final shaping and a trans red clearcoat...?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This IMO is an ok thread bump.. ya its old as fuck (like bill :fawk:) But it was a revelant question and not someones opinion on a 8yr old thread :lol:

+1 :agreed:

He was asking a question relevant to the topic, and not just being a douche going "OMG this model rockzorz" :lol:

Does anyone know for 100% sure that there are two JS-7's? I know Joe was pictured a lot with that natural mahogany one at first, with the rough-shaped contours, and then afterwards we stopped seeing it and he was pictured a lot with the (properly shaped) trans red one. I'm wondering if they didn't just build him a quickie proof-of-concept, and then after he recorded a few tracks with it and dug the guitar, sent it back for final shaping and a trans red clearcoat...?

Ineresting hypothesis. Of course unless Satriani or his tech show up I doubt we'll ever know :shrug:

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Mindstorm's not a bad song, but I couldn't get into that entire CD. The production blows (the decision to use his home studio direct recorded tracks wasa bad one, IMO), and none of the songs feel "finished" to me. Satch at his best is one of the most lyrical soloists I've ever heard; his lead playing has this great narrative quality where it builds as it goes along and takes the listener on a musical journey. The majority of the solos on SBM, though, were very disjointed - they sounded like a string of unconnected ideas, rather than a musical passage. I've always thought of it as more of a Joe Satriani demo than an album.

Mountain Song is just a cool peice of music, though. :agreed:

:agreed: I liked SBM but it definitely wasn't his best album and is probably my least favourite.

Also, "Ceremony" was one of the first Satch songs I ever heard and is still my favourite :agreed:

Sleeper

Reaction score
Ditto here. :lol:

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think you see Galen playing the 2nd one on the Tokyo G3 dvd, and on the recently posted clips of Mindstorm.

')