Ibanez JS100

• Thread starter TwickNSisted
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think with some better pickups, the JS100 is a pretty good guitar. I've always liked the JS/Radius shape.

Then again, you can probably find an older second-hand 540R/Radius on eBay for less, and it will be a Japanese model with probably better pickups and a genuine Edge trem.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I heard good things and bad things about the JS 100s. I played one not too long ago and I thought it was pretty nice. :agreed:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
They're fun guitars, but Darren's right - a 540R or a used JS1000 is probably your better bet.

I want a JS1000 in the worst way. :wub:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, those are nice too. I still like the original JS 1s too. They have the chrome hardware which I like a little more than cosmo black. :yesway:

Buzz762

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
A white JS 1000. :agreed:

I'd sell my soul for a white JS 1000.

Anyways, Twick (it's fucking weird reffering to you as that), as I told you in GuitarCenter, that JS1000 felt VERY similar to the JS100. It'd obviously benifit from a pickup change (which you seemed like you were planning on doing anyways). The downside about it is the trem is mediocre, but it's usable. I'm not too sure of your thoughts about purchasing things off ebay, but you may want to look into what darren suggested.

Thomas

Stranger
Reaction score
Anyways, Twick (it's fucking weird reffering to you as that), as I told you in GuitarCenter, that JS1000 felt VERY similar to the JS100. It'd obviously benifit from a pickup change (which you seemed like you were planning on doing anyways). The downside about it is the trem is mediocre, but it's usable. I'm not too sure of your thoughts about purchasing things off ebay, but you may want to look into what darren suggested.

Didn't you notice a significant difference in quality between the JS100 and the JS1000?

Buzz762

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't you notice a significant difference in quality between the JS100 and the JS1000?

Not really. The JS100 I had played needed a bit of a setup, but that's more of a personal thing. I got the same feeling on the neck when I played each one. Aside from the trem, quality didn't seem to be an issue.

jtm45

Reaction score
Never tried the JS100 but i've played a few JS1000's,the JS2000 (which i thought was an amazing guitar!!!!!Edge-FX FTW!!!!!)and the JS900 and i loved them all,a lot:hbang:

I haven't gassed for a JS for a while but i spotted this JS Snake relica the other day and the JS Gas is back with a vengance!!!! I love Donnie replicas but you see quite a lot of them so i reckon a Snake rep would be the way to go.
This is a fuckin' cool JS Snake relica! :metal:
JSsnakeReplica1.jpg

JSsnakeReplica2.jpg

JSsnakeReplica4.jpg

...and if i did do a Donnie replica i'd like it to be a glow in the dark one like this one done by Herc :)
HercGlowDonnie.jpg

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:eek: Dave, you're killing me with that JS Snake - that's like a JS tailor made for my tastes, what with my herpetology love and all.
Man, if i ever see one of those...

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I would kill for a 7-string JS or Radius model. I LOVE my 442R, and i think it would make a great 7. It's without a doubt the most comfortable "conventional" body shape ever designed.

(I'm not including the wacked-out weird ergonomic designs in that evaluation.)

jtm45

Reaction score
:eek: Dave, you're killing me with that JS Snake - that's like a JS tailor made for my tastes, what with my herpetology love and all.
Man, if i ever see one of those...

I didn't even think about the snake connection thing Al.:)
It was painted by a cool place in the U.S. and they will do that finish (or whatever you want)on any guitar i think.
I was thinking that a new S7320 with that finish would be real sweet!

The place is called 'Beyond Custom Guitars' and the link is here,just to make it even more tempting to you.:)
http://www.bcguitars.com/index.htm

How's the JP going by the way ?
Done any mods/pickup changes yet ?

')