Ibanez K-7 and Rg1527

• Thread starter guitarist-1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarist-1

Shred Metal
Reaction score
I have a question. How's different is playing chords on a 7 string if we comprare it to a six? (powerchords, major) could anyone post an example?

Roland777

Reaction score
No different from a six-string, apart from the fact that you can extend the chords. For example, you can play a seven-string D-major chord by adding frets 3, 2 and 0 on the B, E and A strings respectively. So the "fretting" would be (low to high) 3, 2, 0, 0, 2, 3, 2. As far as powerchords and major chords go - just think logically. There is no difference.

guitarist-1

Shred Metal
Reaction score
Roland777 said:
No different from a six-string, apart from the fact that you can extend the chords. For example, you can play a seven-string D-major chord by adding frets 3, 2 and 0 on the B, E and A strings respectively. So the "fretting" would be (low to high) 3, 2, 0, 0, 2, 3, 2. As far as powerchords and major chords go - just think logically. There is no difference.

Ok Thanks, I don't know what to expect from the a 7 string, so I have there are some thing unclear. I can't wait to get the K-7.
How long did it take you to habituate to a 7 string??

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
guitarist-1 said:
Ok Thanks, I don't know what to expect from the a 7 string, so I have there are some thing unclear. I can't wait to get the K-7.

A couple of months. Then a couple of months more of work to be able to switch back and forth from 6 to 7 without issues. (Since I have 6s with Floyds and 7s with tunomatics, I had dtring spacing differences to overcome, too.) Now it's totally natural to play either - of course, I've been playing 7 for about five years now, so it should be...

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
that guy said:
man i say get the jackson christian olde wolbergs sig. it looks sweet and its $800 u.s.

It's overpriced for what you get, IMO. The Hellraiser C-7 is just as nice, and has a better feature set. (Although the COW does have an ebony board...)

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
It's overpriced for what you get, IMO. The Hellraiser C-7 is just as nice, and has a better feature set. (Although the COW does have an ebony board...)

Honestly, the fretboard is the only thing to like about that guitar. Painted neck on a bolt-on, the body isn't heavy enough to balance right, and that horrible neck joint are reason enough to buy a Schecter instead.

Roland777

Reaction score
noodles said:
I'm assuming you use your thumb on the low b?

Index covers E, B and G, middle finger covers low E, ring-finger covers low B, pinky gets the third fret on the high B.

guitarist-1 said:

Not long at all - a few days. Until you're ready to treat the entire instrument as one, you can just ignore the low B if you wanna play E standard, and just focus on the bottom 3 when you wanna play metal. As time progresses, you'll treat the entire instrument as one.

')