Ibanez K7APEX2

• Thread starter morbid_Icon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ibanezmaster7

Reaction score
The good thing about the RG 7321 it's cheaper, 400$, it has the same neck and body, and you could throw the same pups as this thing on it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Bolt on. Yeah but the finish on the Apex is better, it has (To me) a better bridge and those things along with the pickups you'd spend about $400 dollars more on having a 7321 like this. Not to mention signatures have the 'name' that comes along with the price tag.

Vstro

Reaction score
I have one of these too. They're great guitars the only thing bad is the finish chips pretty easily.

richardt4520

Reaction score
The good thing about the RG 7321 it's cheaper, 400$, it has the same neck and body, and you could throw the same pups as this thing on it.

Yep. Bought one recently from GC online. SERIOUSLY disappointed. I have a K7 to compare it with. They might say the body is mahogany but it feels like a paperweight next to the K7. The hardware looks and feels like it will fall off if you blow on it. My K7, in comparison, feels like it would survive a nuclear war. The Apex 2 neck also buzzes and the guitar sounds thin and tinny. If I'd have known this was an Indonesian build with the same neck as a 7321, I wouldn't have wasted the time and trouble. $800 new? :rolleyes:

Lava Joe

Reaction score
I had one, it was ok. Scale wasn't for me and I thought the pickups were way too woofy. I loved the recessed bridge though, that was a great idea that I think more brand should do on their S/shred types.

They are machined very well, too, I would agree with the mill comment.

Nice review, homage to a good guitar!

Plus, a FIXED bridge Ibby 7, ugh, can I really complain?!