Ibanez LA custom shop - damn its tiny in there

• Thread starter BeyondAntares
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
customshop025ef8.jpg

7 string falchion, please

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
^Petrucci was under Ibanez' wings for a long time, and eventually, he was to be given a signature model. Ibanez proved to be way too stiff to work with, so he switched to EBMM.
It's maybe there as a legacy piece?

Kerry

Reaction score
^Petrucci was under Ibanez' wings for a long time, and eventually, he was to be given a signature model. Ibanez proved to be way too stiff to work with, so he switched to EBMM.
It's maybe there as a legacy piece?

I'm sorry for being unclear. I know all about the Ibanez Petrucci guitars. I just thought it was interesting that (if these are recent photos) they would still be building one?

Neil

Reaction score
The pics were posted on Jemsite in 2007, and Petrucci has been with EBMM for over 10 years.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That JPM is probably just a shop guitar. They have tons of old stuff they keep around for reference material, test beds, etc.

It could also be an artist/employee guitar which is getting a refurb.

Reaction score
Perhaps one of their signed artists requested one? Perhaps Petrucci himself wanted another for personal use? Perhaps one was sent in to be worked on?

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Whatever the case is with the Petrucci being there... That's a JPM 90th.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standard-guitars/151677-ngd-another-beauty-off-rich-jpm-90th.html

And if I remember correctly the Bensalem Custom shop was moved to LA as well. They did quite a few USA series Ibanez there and Starwood? Guitars as well. LACS and the other shop mingled and shared resources but LACS was never open to the public so that may be where the confusion of an LA custom shop being open to the public comes from.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
LACS has everything they need, there's more than enough room - you'd be surprised what you can do in a small space. I don't think Tak is there anymore. I have an open invite from Mike Taft to go there, so maybe someday I'll get over and see for myself, I understand these are old pics and many changes have been made since.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
LACS has everything they need, there's more than enough room - you'd be surprised what you can do in a small space. I don't think Tak is there anymore. I have an open invite from Mike Taft to go there, so maybe someday I'll get over and see for myself, I understand these are old pics and many changes have been made since.

Take me with you. :D

Michael Mc

Reaction score
Perhaps one of their signed artists requested one? Perhaps Petrucci himself wanted another for personal use? Perhaps one was sent in to be worked on?

I asked Petrucci on his forum if he still has/uses his old Ibanez models, he said he still has them, but never touches them.

wilch

Reaction score
Maybe he can't play them any more. He's too much of a beefcake now, that he'd break their necks by accident.

AwDeOh

Reaction score
That looks like every other workshop in the world when the boss/wife isn't around.

Hands up those who've been poring over the pics looking for easter eggs and cool ideas!

')