Ibanez LACS 8 string guitars available next year???

• Thread starter Guitarholic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I saw a thread in the jemsite forum, telling that there might be 8 string guitars available next year?:scratch:
I love the headstock!!! And with the EMGs, damn, that´s gotta be a killer guitar!
:bowdown:

But I have my doubts. :noplease: All the companies who produced 7strings in the last few years very often had problems promoting them. They don´t sell too well.

But who knows...2007 = Ibanez 20th anniversary. Maybe they´ll produce some of those 8 strings. I uploaded a couple of pictures. If anybody has more...
I´d like to hear your opinion on this matter!!!

PS: What do you think about Caparison guitar?:shred:

Attachments

• P100012.JPG
    P100012.JPG
    774.5 KB · Views: 162
  • P100013.JPG
    P100013.JPG
    818.9 KB · Views: 290
  • NAMM2006028.jpg
    NAMM2006028.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 226-0006f.jpg
    226-0006f.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 158
  • ibenaz8_4.jpg
    ibenaz8_4.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 141

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
to be honest i hardly think ibanez would produce 8's when theyre having trouble promoting their 7's never mind the 1 off LACS 8's made for artists i dont see it happening at all

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, the two on the right were for the guys from Meshuggah and Rusty Cooley. The one on the left is a bit more curious, as far as I know it wasn't built for anyone in particular.

I still wouldn't hold my breath about a production 8, but I DO have to sayI love that finish...

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
2007 isn't Ibanez's 20th anniversary, by the way. Ibanez has been around since the '60s. 2007 merely marks the 20th anniversary of their relationship with Steve Vai.

strychnine

miami sucks
Reaction score
The two on the left had been built for the NAMM show that just happened. It was placed there to try to start up a buzz about ibanez making some 8 stringers. I had a few friends who went there and it was just for that reason. I remember my friend mike telling me that Dino went to Ibanez for his birthday and he saw them working on meshuggah's 8-stringers and he had one ordered right then and there. Maybe Ibanez has wised up and saw that there is a market for the 8-stringers, but who knows...

Papa Shank

Be-otch
Reaction score
Guitarholic said:
Hey guys,
I saw a thread in the jemsite forum, telling that there might be 8 string guitars available next year?:scratch:
I love the headstock!!! And with the EMGs, damn, that´s gotta be a killer guitar!
:bowdown:
Just have to add, the EMG's ain't all that (being bass pickups) and while I've heard about Meshuggah having EMG's in their guitars I'm yet to see a picture proving that. Dino has EMG's although I'm not sure why when there are more suited pickups out there.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Papa Shank said:
Just have to add, the EMG's ain't all that (being bass pickups) and while I've heard about Meshuggah having EMG's in their guitars I'm yet to see a picture proving that. Dino has EMG's although I'm not sure why when there are more suited pickups out there.
Close, but no cigar. The EMG 8-string pups are NOT bass pickups, however, they are 6-string bass housings with guitar pups inside. It's no different than EMG707s and 81-7s using 5-string bass housings. How do I know about these 8-string pups? Simple...I had a pair of them in my custom 8-string I owned a few years back. As for Meshuggah, they use the Lundgren M series pups. That's a well known fact.

My old 8...
Mvc-016f.jpg

Papa Shank

Be-otch
Reaction score
Shannon said:
Close, but no cigar. The EMG 8-string pups are NOT bass pickups, however, they are 6-string bass housings with guitar pups inside. It's no different than EMG707s and 81-7s using 5-string bass housings. How do I know about these 8-string pups? Simple...I had a pair of them in my custom 8-string I owned a few years back. As for Meshuggah, they use the Lundgren M series pups. That's a well known fact.

My old 8...
Ah, I was under the impression it was just a bass pickup. Learn something new everyday.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
All i know is I want an 8 - Fixed bridge is fine

When i registered my RG3 I told them they needto start selling them in the comment section

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Vegetta said:
When i registered my RG3 I told them they needto start selling them in the comment section
Thank you.:yesway:

As for the 8's, I think it's become apparent that they will release production 8 string models next year. I personally, feel there's a market for it, but hell, I'm not an Ibanez production manager. I mean, I would really like to know what the price on these babies is gonna be way ahead of time. Should I save for one? or is it going to be around $1000? Are there going to be trem and non-trem? I wish they would release this stuff! Chances are, times will come around next year, and I'll have spent all my money, and will say fuck it to the Ibanez 8 even though I'm thinking it might come out.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
HOOOO SHIIIIIT that V is HOTT!!! O____O IBZ PLEASE release a 7-string version of that NOW, or just that...I'd be fine either way...

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Market for 8 string guitars = the people who buy 7 string guitars.

Market for 7 string guitars is low=waste of money on their part to produce 8 strings.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm in a good position to offer my comment on this, as I'm fortunate enough to have Marten as a friend of mine, and I've had the extreme pleasure to briefly play one of those awesome guitars. I responded in detail about these guitars in an old thread in the Extend. forum, as I had a chance to examine his in detail.

I would speculate that if or when they're released, they will easily be at least $2k min. What pickups they'll put in the production models, who knows? But I seriously doubt they'll be the Lungren M8's in theirs. Most likely custom Dimarzios, I would bet. What's also a safe bet is that they'll be sporting the same fixed bridge as well. I'll have to give him a call soon, and see if he can shed any light on the situation. I know I'm not even going to blink about scoring one immediately if they come out - I think they will.

CL7

Gangsta Guitarist
Reaction score
All i know is that there will DEFINATLEY be a new Ibanez 8 out next year ;)

Papa Shank

Be-otch
Reaction score
It's likely they'll sell them for a limited run, and sure they might not sell a load of them but it certainly makes people talk about Ibanez some more doesn't it?
Just like how Voltswagon had Bugatti make the Veyron which is sold for less than it costs to make. It creates buzz.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Dendroaspis said:
I'm in a good position to offer my comment on this, as I'm fortunate enough to have Marten as a friend of mine, and I've had the extreme pleasure to play one of those awesome guitars. He told me that there was a very good chance that they were going to possibly release a limited run of these 8's, but had no idea when. I responded in detail about these guitars in an old thread in the Extend. forum, as I had a chance to examine them in detail.

I would speculate that if or when they're released, they will easily be at least $2k min. What pickups they'll put in the production models, who knows? But I seriously doubt they'll be the Lungren M8's in theirs. Most likely custom Dimarzios, I would bet. What's also a safe bet is that they'll be sporting the same fixed bridge as well. I'll have to give him a call soon, and see if he can shed any new light on the situation. I know I'm not even going to blink about scoring one immediately if they come out - I think they will.

Well shit, dude. If you are buddy-buddy with Marten, ask him if he'd be up for an interview for SS.org. We could always use another interview for the front page!

')