Ibanez M80M appreciation thread

• Thread starter Velokki
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
For some reason the thought of putting anything other than a single bridge pickup in an M80M or M8M is tantamount to heresy haha.

I was honestly planning to have a bridge pickup installed in mine, before I got my hands on it and played it.

I don't want to change a damn thing.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
I'm just recording a song with the M80M.

I just had to necrobump this thread. Fuck I love this instrument.
Ibanez%20M80M.jpg

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
I'd have to be pretty damn broke to get rid of mine. The whole system just works so well together from the scale length, the bridge and it's position, pickup and how well the tone knob works, everything.

danpintos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone have some clips of how cleans sound with the M80M? Debating between one of these or a used 2228 or 852.

kisielk

Reaction score
Based on my limited playing time yesterday I think it sounds pretty good clean. Obviously limited by only having a bridge pickup though. I'm definitely keeping my 2228 with Fishmans around as well.

studmiester7

Official Logo
Reaction score
Gotta ask (since you posted a pic of it), how's that Halo you got there?
I honestly REALLY enjoyed this one! The issues I had were more to do with the chosen options, than it was build-quality. Case-in-point: I should have chosen the medium instead of Jumbo-XL stainless fret w/ 27 fanned frets; Once you got past fret 23....it really didn't matter anymore lol. I also didn't care for the Lace Deathbuckers. Again....those were selected options - the build quality was fantastic!

kisielk

Reaction score
If you notice the bottom photo, I had added/routed a single-coil Ionizer-8 pup at the neck position. It gave the voicing a killer almost twangy-tone when used for clean/solo parts.
Nice, got any recordings of that you could share here?

j3ps3

Reaction score
Here's mine. I've own it for like, maybe 5 years? Didn't really feel the neck profile, as it had these big "shoulders", so I had a friend of mine shave it down a little. The neck was also stained black with a nitro lacquer and I added new tuning pegs to make it look more like the original M8M Fredrik uses. Luminlay side dots were also added.
And here's a song where it's being used:

M80M1.jpeg
M80M2.jpeg
M80M3.jpeg
M80M4.jpeg

Last edited:
')