Ibanez MTM

• Thread starter PACK018
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PACK018

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been meaning to get another 6 string been looking at the mtm1 anybody play on one of these if you have plz give me ur opinion. thx (btw I am a huge slipknot fan)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jalmetalman

Reaction score
I used to own one.... Is there anything in particular you want to know?

A pic: :D

4502786650_c69cc562ed_z.jpg

PACK018

Reaction score
Nice the mtm1 and mtm2.. hey pretty much is it worth the $1,400?

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
im glad this got brought up. im also a huge knot fan and have been thinking about getting an MTM1. max seems to like his.

jalmetalman

Reaction score
Nice the mtm1 and mtm2.. hey pretty much is it worth the $1,400?

It's a great guitar! However, I wouldn't buy it new... It's not really worth the price tag imo, well especially the UK prices... Wait and get one used for a good price then you can't go wrong! A really solid, well playing guitar. you get a pretty sweet case too... :)

PACK018

Reaction score
Thats what I'm do. Missed my chance GC had a used one for 600..

ibbyfreak13

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this will be my next guitar, been gazing for over a month now. And with the lack of anything else that came out this year fitting specs I look for the mtm1 is the front runner , plus I love me some ibanez!

Kawrn

Reaction score
I would seriously consider the new MTM2.

I got a MTM2 wich was great except baaaad pickups. So I wanted to try the MTM1.
After getting one and testing it I did not understand why so expensive: neck through and EMG ? Even the neck was not to my liking (flatter) though specs says same profile.
The tone itself was not a major step imho when you consider it's twice the price !

So I wanted to go back to the latest MTM2 : HOLY COW !
The new MTM2 offers much for a stupid price: the finish is flawless, the wood is excellent, the active Duncan are great improvment over previous shitty V7 ; they even got rid of the useless 5 way switch.
When in hand you feel the good work, solid as a rock, and good vibrations unplugged = great instrument.
Plus in white your fingerprints don't show up :lol:

Try to test each and make your decision.

Now Mr Ibanez why not making a 7 string MTM2 :shred: ?
Just write EIGHT on the first frets :metal:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
I've A/B'd the MTM1 to the MTM2 a couple of times.

In terms of finish and tone (The MTM1s have Mick Thompson sig. black outs now btw)
the MTM1 smokes the MTM2, and the neckthrough is a huge bonus. Plus the quality of wood is also pretty clear, the MTM1 I played was much lighter and louder than the MTM2.

If you don't want to spen the cash, the MTM2 will do fine, especially now they come in white. :yum: But the MTM1 is still a fierce guitar, and the price still isn't bad, (They're among the cheapest Prestiges here, about $1400-1700.Which in Aus = bargain)

Zeromancer

Reaction score
I've A/B'd the MTM1 to the MTM2 a couple of times.

In terms of finish and tone (The MTM1s have Mick Thompson sig. black outs now btw)
the MTM1 smokes the MTM2, and the neckthrough is a huge bonus. Plus the quality of wood is also pretty clear, the MTM1 I played was much lighter and louder than the MTM2.

If you don't want to spen the cash, the MTM2 will do fine, especially now they come in white. :yum: But the MTM1 is still a fierce guitar, and the price still isn't bad, (They're among the cheapest Prestiges here, about $1400-1700.Which in Aus = bargain)

Just to clarify, it is not a prestige, but made in Korea.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Oh yeah, my mistake. Sorry, it might as well be, the only obvious difference between it and being a Prestige (besides being MIK, which isn't much of a problem, seeing as S series Prestige used to be MIK) is the neck shape.

')