Ibanez NAMM 2016

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zeriton

Reaction score
Sweet baby jesus those are perdy... But damnit. Edge so not for me. They put the Lo-Pros on the 7s so why not the 6s? I know everyone loves the Edge and says it's a great bridge but the profile at the back just doesn't work for me because of the way I rest my hand on the bridge. The reason I loved the Lo-Pro and had no problem with the Zeros.

Get the Edge guitar, buy a Lo-Pro Edge and sell the Edge trem. Problem solved :p

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet baby jesus those are perdy... But damnit. Edge so not for me. They put the Lo-Pros on the 7s so why not the 6s? I know everyone loves the Edge and says it's a great bridge but the profile at the back just doesn't work for me because of the way I rest my hand on the bridge. The reason I loved the Lo-Pro and had no problem with the Zeros.

If I had to guess, the decision was probably based around which bridge most people are nostalgic about. The Edge 6 existed for many years before the Lo-Pro debuted, including some of Ibby's most legendary guitars. The Edge 7, on the other hand, was only in production for a little more than a year before Ibanez switched to the Lo-Pro, meaning nearly anyone who had an old school Ibanez 7 would have more experience with a Lo-Pro, making them more inclined to buy a model with that.

Zeriton

Reaction score
If I had to guess, the decision was probably based around which bridge most people are nostalgic about. The Edge 6 existed for many years before the Lo-Pro debuted, including some of Ibby's most legendary guitars. The Edge 7, on the other hand, was only in production for a little more than a year before Ibanez switched to the Lo-Pro, meaning nearly anyone who had an old school Ibanez 7 would have more experience with a Lo-Pro, making them more inclined to buy a model with that.

I feel they have a different feel. Owning both on a few different guitars, I probably prefer the feel of the Edge a little bit. Feels more responsive.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
The new quilt RG's look great to me, thanks for posting!

I'm waiting for the next fujigen Universe to come out, praying for no AANJ.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Have you guys seen they're reissuing the RG770DX again? As the RG3770DX, with different pickups and the Prestige headstock logo:

RG3770DX_CA_00_01.png

Also available in Laser Blue. Shame no Violet Metallic again this time. I've got the blue version of the last reissue, so this is tempting.

I haven't seen this posted, excuse me if this is a repost.

cip 123

Reaction score
Its cool and all but it depends on the price, originals pop up for a pretty reasonable price here luckily.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I call this move the seventh heaven Palm strike of necrobumpage.

Any news on Ibanez Summer NAMM? They just phased out the RG8PB and the RG8004

I wonder if ever will ever get another maple fretboard 8 string aside from th prestige ?

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
The only rumor I've heard so far is that they might be doing a premium multiscale. When is summer namm exactly? Alot of companies don't really do much for the summer but ibanez usually drops some new stuff

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
If it comes in with a maple board it will join my horde. But if it comes in black, it will stay on the rack

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
I'm not excited about anything Iron Label, but I hope more S series will have toggle switch rather than lever+that ugly plastic all around it from now on. Looks so much better.

')