Ibanez NAMM 2016

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

A-Branger

Reaction score

pretty cool clip

but why this RGA has black sides and back???, imo this looks 1280174times better than the mahogany natural brown shown in any other RGA model

maybe an early prototype? still look heaps better, it gives more character to the guitar, and tides up well the grey/white/black theme of it, brown doesnt mix well in there

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
Not too much standing out for me this year, The rosewood top RGD6 isn't in the US catalog and neither is the blue prestige S. Might grab the RGA732 for mods but other than that I'm a little let down personally

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the '16 Catalogue is all that disappointing....
1.) Glad to see the DCM100 is not a limited run and a production guitar! Now I can get a second one haha.
2.) Some really beauty new finishes for the electrics, the basses and the "vintage" stuff looks pretty awesome!
3.) 7 string acoustic is gone.... Glad I got one.
4.) The E-Jack intonation tool is in the NA catalogue so I will definitely be ordering one of those.
5.) I'm surprised no new Vai or Satriani stuff.... ?
6.) A couple of Prestige 7's with Maple fretboards!
7.) The return of the RGA's...... Now all those people who have been whining/wishing/promising to buy these if they came back better own up and buy the .... out of them!

Ze_F

Reaction score
My guess is (my hopes rather...) there will be some reveal event in a few hours, at NAMM's opening. So, limited editions, a UV maybe. Abasi's new Beluga ? less likely.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Surprised the Jem 7V7 is gone. Where's this swirl UV? But that new prestige 7 is rad.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
fjqphz.png

I'll take one :shred:

So glad this model has come into existence. It may just be the first NEW Ibanez I've bought in 10+ years.

PunchLine

Reaction score

The new Canada website doesn't have the 'Change Your Region' option anymore. :(

Hey, please try this:

US website
EU website
Japan website

Although not new, that Destroyer (DT520FMCSR) looks yummy.

It looks like there is a new EGEN in orange finish. Am I mistaken? (The TK had to pass there really quickly. :mad: Go ahead take all the time in front of Nita's poster! :lol:)

Roadcores no more; Talmans galore!

lucidguitar

Reaction score
Yeah, but all the cool new colors are the standard models. They added a few Ash bodies to the Prestige Talmans but thats it. I mean the butterscotch blonde Talman tele that they have is quite nice... but I want the middle pickup to dial in so I'll just have to buy another 1803. Too bad they didn't give that one a new color.

Also the RG752AHM and RG652MPBFX are two new additions that I like. The rest... meh. But I'm glad they kept around some of the models from last year.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
The 752AHM looks great, but correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 652AHM that was announced last year still incredibly difficult to get a hold of? And if I recall, Rich had a ton of issues with the initial ones he got with terrible fret ends and so forth.

')