Ibanez NAMM 2016

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I find their lack of multiscale disturbing

I guess the Iron Labels didn't sell well enough, or they don't want to compete with everyone else for such a limited market.

The 752AHM looks great, but correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 652AHM that was announced last year still incredibly difficult to get a hold of? And if I recall, Rich had a ton of issues with the initial ones he got with terrible fret ends and so forth.

From what I gather all maple boarded Ibanez guitars now come with sharp unfinished fret ends. Even after several levels of QC the guitars ship out that way.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DeepSixed

Reaction score
It says "77 Pieces" next to the orange one - though you can't see the whole text.

77 pieces each color? If so, what the heck are they going to cost?? Probably near the 6,000 the 77 reissue was 5 years ago.

LordHar

Reaction score
It says "77 Pieces" next to the orange one - though you can't see the whole text.

77 pieces each color? If so, what the heck are they going to cost?? Probably near the 6,000 the 77 reissue was 5 years ago.

Yeah, I'm afraid it will be something like that. Let's wait for the official announcement :scream:

beyondcosmos

Reaction score
12568062_930099520377569_2067420009_n.jpg

12547715_867927999971835_951871889_n.jpg

10268774_901098843338418_30006684_n.jpg

Never have been the biggest fan of the original swirl colors..... but the Passion one..... and that blue sci-fi looking one in the middle..... oh my freaking goodness :scream:

Probably gonna cost an arm and a leg but still... :eek:

laxu

Reaction score
can the see-through pickguard be removed or are the pickups embedded in it?

Looks like the pickups are mounted to it. I don't think mounting them to the body would be a big deal though. The bigger problem would be all the screw holes left from the pickguard.

Those are some really gorgeous swirls and by far the coolest models Ibanez has released in a while.

Jammer

Reaction score
.....i think those have square heels. This is getting out of hand.
That's lame. Why would they do that. Not a big deal if all you play chugging djent stuff but try playing up high with that huge clunky block in the way. Yuck! Glad i got a Jem7v7 before they discontinued it.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
That's lame. Why would they do that. Not a big deal if all you play chugging djent stuff but try playing up high with that huge clunky block in the way. Yuck! Glad i got a Jem7v7 before they discontinued it.

Probably to be more like the original stuff, like the ones Steve Vai played way up high on with the huge clunky block. Also, I have small hands and fingers and have never had a problem with these heels.

rewihendrix

Reaction score

yeah. very much an appeal to the purist and/or collector. Prices will be sky high anyway so it's probably not meant to sell to the guitarist for whom playability is the key requirement.

Not like a normal block heel is all that hard to play on though.

trem licking

Reaction score
why are they reverting back to an inferior design regarding the neck joint? why can't we leave classics as classics, along with their quirks? or did people ask for this?

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Ha. Inferior design. One of the worlds most accomplished and technically proficient guitarists seems to do just fine with the square heel, people need to stop worrying so much about it.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
why are they reverting back to an inferior design regarding the neck joint? why can't we leave classics as classics, along with their quirks? or did people ask for this?

Obviously Steve Vai asked for it, otherwise it wouldn't be on the ....ing guitar. :rofl:

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I forgot about those Talmans, are the prestige ones reasonably priced compared to like a Fender American Standard?

')