Ibanez NAMM 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pick_d

Reaction score
Which is why there's been so little RG752DY or RGD3127PWF/ROF action on here, but a handful of black RGR752 and dark blue RG2027XL NGDs.
If only Hoshino Gakki made RG752M-DY with jet black (painted or true natural - don't care that much) ebony board and fixed bridge :)
Heck, any dark fretboard will do with this yellow beauty. Disappointed that all those fancy body colors come with maple boards.

Imagine that pearl white RGD3127PWF with ebony fretboard. That would be absolutely gorgeous (and sick/rad/awesome of course).
What about orange one with ebony? One of the first Schecter KM-7 models was available in Lambo Orange. Looked pretty much fine with dark ebony board.

Damn, I need to stop drooling all around. Better get back to work.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Actually that desert yellow rgd axe palace did was pretty nice with the blank boncy board. A rg752 like that would be really nice.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
If only Hoshino Gakki made RG752M-DY with jet black (painted or true natural - don't care that much) ebony board and fixed bridge :)
Heck, any dark fretboard will do with this yellow beauty. Disappointed that all those fancy body colors come with maple boards.

Yet a few years ago the zeitgeist was to wish for maple and bemoan the fact that none of the cool guitars could be had with maple.

Merrekof

Reaction score
Yet a few years ago the zeitgeist was to wish for maple and bemoan the fact that none of the cool guitars could be had with maple.
People will always complain about something. Your perfect guitar could be an ugly bitch to me and vice versa. :)

On another note, I'm glad there is the whole CITES thing. 10 years ago you had rosewood fb's, a few maple and ebony.. now there are dozens of options. Personally I like my fb either maple or dark/black. So for me this is great now that the brown rosewood is no longer the standard.

I'd like to see more FR's. Although that FR1620 from back in the day was basically a beauty!

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
I'm just hoping that they stop with the burled tops and focus more on simple solid colors.

And bring back the xiphos with FR and 26.5 scale.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I love maple and Dark/Black FB’s so the current situation I awesome. There is always Jatoba which feel like ebony but is much more brown for those that miss rosewood.

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
Most people do.

Which is why there's been so little RG752DY or RGD3127PWF/ROF action on here, but a handful of black RGR752 and dark blue RG2027XL NGDs.

The folks who want wild colors either don't buy anything, or they're so picky it has to be the exact shade of neon so they go project/custom.

I think I'm one of the few who own an RG752MDY.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't mind black OR a loud finish either but when it comes to designing a guitar, I like to pick or one two things that will be the focal point. My biggest issue with the finishes that have been en vogue lately is that any one of those things (a burst, bright colors, figured top, etc.) would be enough on their own, doing them all at once is overkill.

My old RG140 is a good example. The yellow makes it stand out. If it also had green pickups and a cosmo black hardware and whatever other stuff going on, it would distract too much from how eye melting the yellow is. I just wish it had black hardware.

DSC_2093.JPG

Black works good depending on the body shape or the rest of the features. I think black on black would be a little boring for a basic shape but something like white bobbins (like a Gilmore) or cosmo black hardware on THAT to give it a little shimmer, or H-H with nickel covers would be just enough flourish.

Last edited:

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
Most people do.

The folks who want wild colors either don't buy anything, or they're so picky it has to be the exact shade of neon so they go project/custom.

No doubt, I really wish someone on here would pick up the 752DY and post an NGD. I want it, but not enough to buy it.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Are they trying to sell surplus fixed 7 bridges stock, or why almost every seven has to have a fixed bridge these days?

Might have something to do with 1 - a LoPro being 4x the cost of a G-II and 2 - Trems still scare the majority of players.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Genesis 7620 sounds like a fucking winner to me. I want one in plain fucking black with black hardware and one in grey nickel with cosmo hardware.

Would be even more awesomer with that big fat bubinga skunk stripe down the middle of the neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')