Ibanez NAMM 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Which equals LACS. Guarentee if they modded the paint, they made sure frets were good. Be it full LACS or modified by them, LACS covers all bases.

That's like going "No, that's not an orange, that's a cutie, a very specific type of orange that happens to be smaller" or:
Dude 1 "cool car bro"
Douche "it's a truck..."

Eh, try pulling that when selling it. :lol:

I can dress frets too, but I don't advertise the guitars I own or sell as being from a "custom shop", I just sorted things out.

I don't think it's nearly the nit-pick you're saying it is. Besides, isn't the more information the better?

If we really want to get nit-picky, if it doesn't have a LACS serial it's not actually a LACS. From what I've seen it tends to cut 50/50, some modded production stuff gets it and some don't. I have a feeling much of it comes down to the technician.

olejason

Reaction score
Have any more pics of the headless bass emerged other than the small product image and the Instagram stuff? Looks like that guy hasn't said anything else about it on Instagram.

Moe110

Reaction score
Im now selling 4 of my 7 string guitars. Looking at Ibanez again and im wanting to see some extended range, evertune or hipshot style bridges. Some higher output pickups and gloss finishes. I feel like im being very picky with my next choice on guitar. My ultimate guitar has always been 7 string, 26.5 or 27 inch, reverse headstock, bridge pup, 1 vol no tone knob or toggle and preferably evertune or hipshot bridge :) id die happy to have this. Feel free to point me in the right direction lol

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Im now selling 4 of my 7 string guitars. Looking at Ibanez again and im wanting to see some extended range, evertune or hipshot style bridges. Some higher output pickups and gloss finishes. I feel like im being very picky with my next choice on guitar. My ultimate guitar has always been 7 string, 26.5 or 27 inch, reverse headstock, bridge pup, 1 vol no tone knob or toggle and preferably evertune or hipshot bridge :) id die happy to have this. Feel free to point me in the right direction lol
The Dino model has everything you said except it's got a LoPRo trem.

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Soooooo...Ibanez bringing out marble swirls this year?

Also, this may be my favorite LACS ever.View attachment 75422
That looks too similar to the Frozen Ocean, although more dramatic

IMG_2498.jpg

If we really want to get nit-picky, if it doesn't have a LACS serial it's not actually a LACS. From what I've seen it tends to cut 50/50, some modded production stuff gets it and some don't. I have a feeling much of it comes down to the technician.

It's not that cut and dry. They do alot of custom bodies but they'll use a Fujigen neck, no reason to custom build a neck if they have available production necks that fit the overall specs. I've had plenty of prototype body guitars that had F necks and also full LACS protos where the entire build is LA. I think it comes down to what is ordered and what is available to use without building special.

xzacx

Reaction score
This is blind speculation on my end, but I'm assuming the upcoming new Jems will reflect the new ones with Vai's artwork:

SV333-01.jpg

SV382-01.jpg

SV371-01.jpg
This seems to be the theory out there the most, although I did see a supposed catalog scan of what I think was a MII with almost “FP3” type art. I wouldn’t be interested in buying either but both looked really cool. Only thing I’d really want for myself is some type of new Universe that was Prestige level at minimum (but hopefully Sugi-made). I do really like these though.

GraemeH

Reaction score
I can't be alone in thinking Vai and Satriani's (non-music) artwork is utterly awful?.. I mean if they want to do childish doodles in their down-time they shouldn't let it stop them. But by the time you get to commercializing it, it kinda starts to matter.

trem licking

Reaction score
I can't be alone in thinking Vai and Satriani's (non-music) artwork is utterly awful?.. I mean if they want to do childish doodles in their down-time they shouldn't let it stop them. But by the time you get to commercializing it, it kinda starts to matter.
Bet it won't matter. If vai shat on a plank of wood it would go up 10 grand in price. I mean, he's already bled on a few...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

It's definitely not my thing, either of them, but I don't think I'm qualified enough to say either way if it's objectively good art, which I don't think is really a thing anyway since it's such a subjective thing.

I don't think they're going for realism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')