Ibanez NAMM 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Im' to the point if they come out with the specs or close to what I want in an RGA Prestige I might just paint it if I don't care for the paint. Otherwise I may begin a custom build from parts I have been sitting on for years.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
So will Ibanez have the wherewithal to bring all of us the reissue we need in 2020? ...The model 2020...

vy9jl56phemhtgdhmcmy.jpg

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't care, I'd buy it. Hell I'd buy one and have it professionally refinished like a few people have with the JBM models.

Hilariously, there's more modded JBM100s out there than standard ones...

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Hilariously, there's more modded JBM100s out there than standard ones...
They're amazing modding platforms for those who want an RGA prestige, sadly though they are hard to find used and at a price I'm willing to pay. A JBM100 is still on my bucket list of guitars to own though.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
They're amazing modding platforms for those who want an RGA prestige, sadly though they are hard to find used and at a price I'm willing to pay. A JBM100 is still on my bucket list of guitars to own though.

If I could find a local luthier skilled enough to remove the finish on the neck I'd jump on one in a heartbeat.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
I saw the recent post from Guitar World on the NAMM 2020 predictions and they had this to say about Ibanez:

- The company has already announced a reissue of John Frusciante's favorite WH10 wah, but there is BIG news coming from Ibanez for 2020. We can’t say anything more, but rest assured, fans of the top-tier Japanese guitar builder will not be disappointed.

Does anyone wanna guess what this "BIG" news might end up being? We already got a tease of the headless multi scale bass from them, my first thought was that maybe....maybeeee.....they're considering doing a headless guitar? Wishful thinking I know, but...

Hype train has begun.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
If this "BIG" news is a line of headless guitars I'm done with Ibanez. I'm already slowly jumping ship to other brands like Music Man, but I'm giving one more NAMM a shot.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
^ that’s an odd reaction. I would be all over a headless Ibanez. Nothing wrong with a brand trying to capture market share by appealing to current trends.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
The problem with headless guitars isn't the guitars themselves, it's the loud and vocal minority of the user base that fits into the generic Instragram-Prog-Djent-Metal genre.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Art is in the eye of the beholder

This times ∞
I love that first JEM in that post- looks the best out of any of em save for the 90th and mayyyybe the florals imo.

If this "BIG" news is a line of headless guitars I'm done with Ibanez. I'm already slowly jumping ship to other brands like Music Man, but I'm giving one more NAMM a shot.

Yeah, same. I'll still probably always be an Ibanez fanboy, but headless is just not it for me. Wasn't a fan of the AZs, not into headless, their multiscales, while now playable, still need improvements, and their spec choices are still solidly 'okay'. Fingers crossed on this semi-custom shop though, really can't overstate how excited for that I am. Pleasepleaseplease Hoshino, let me get a nice fixed bridge S-series J. Custom.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Pretty much what @Vyn said. Also the fact that the wizard headstock is just so iconic for me, it's hard to get rid of that. An Ibanez without a headstock, is not an Ibanez in my eyes. I know I'll get shit for this statement, but it's just how I view Ibanez. Ibanez has played a huge role in my guitar journey and I know it has to many, many others. I actually really liked the AZs though. I think they nailed that Suhr type while still feeling like you are playing an Ibanez. I didn't believe it though until I actually played one and I felt right at home with it.

EDIT: I'm already waiting for the reply of the headless Ibanez from the 80s was it?

Last edited:

exo

Reaction score
Multiscale 7 string headless RBM model, or Ibanez truly gives no fucks about the ERG community and thinks we’re cheap whores and easy marks.....

Last edited:

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
I saw the recent post from Guitar World on the NAMM 2020 predictions and they had this to say about Ibanez:

- The company has already announced a reissue of John Frusciante's favorite WH10 wah, but there is BIG news coming from Ibanez for 2020. We can’t say anything more, but rest assured, fans of the top-tier Japanese guitar builder will not be disappointed.

Does anyone wanna guess what this "BIG" news might end up being? We already got a tease of the headless multi scale bass from them, my first thought was that maybe....maybeeee.....they're considering doing a headless guitar? Wishful thinking I know, but...

Hype train has begun.
I think I have an Idea about it, there was an event in Germany where was announced the new CUSTOM SHOP option of Ibanez, it will consist on J-Customs that we can order with our own wood choice, hardware and color choice, the only thing that can't be change is the tree of life Inlay, it will be made by Sugi luthiers and estimated price range will be 5-7K, which is a shame by ibanez to offer such as limited CUSTOM SHOP Option, at least it will be part of the BIG Surprise.

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
Pretty much what @Vyn said. Also the fact that the wizard headstock is just so iconic for me, it's hard to get rid of that. An Ibanez without a headstock, is not an Ibanez in my eyes. I know I'll get shit for this statement, but it's just how I view Ibanez. Ibanez has played a huge role in my guitar journey and I know it has to many, many others. I actually really liked the AZs though. I think they nailed that Suhr type while still feeling like you are playing an Ibanez. I didn't believe it though until I actually played one and I felt right at home with it.

EDIT: I'm already waiting for the reply of the headless Ibanez from the 80s was it?
I agree, an ibanez is not ibanez without his headstock.

Through my Ibanez lacs instagram page, James from tesseract told me that a new signature is coming, probable at the middle of year.

I play music

Reaction score

Hype train has begun.
Who says that the headless bass is not already the BIG news?
As much as I'd love to see a headless guitar as well, I would be surprised if they release it the same year instead of testing the waters with bass and then the guitar a year after that with lessons learned from the bass ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')