Ibanez NAMM 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BTS

BTS
Reaction score
I could not care less for a headless Ibanez, but a Prestige RGA will result in a squeal from my wallet.

Same... could care less about a headless ibanez (the headstock sort of makes an ibanez for me), but more rgs (or rgas) at the prestige level with a maple board and fixed bridge would be awesome.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
Headless Ibanez? Gross.

Really headless anything for that matter.

Some of those Bodens would be amazing with some sort of headstock that complimented the body.

But whatever, different strokes.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Who says that the headless bass is not already the BIG news?
As much as I'd love to see a headless guitar as well, I would be surprised if they release it the same year instead of testing the waters with bass and then the guitar a year after that with lessons learned from the bass ;-)

If guitarists and guitar companies ever learned any lessons from bass...well we'd be in a very different world.

also I'd love to see a headless ibanez. But if they keep that disgusting fan they are currently using i'll just vomit.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
If i had to guess at this point... the "big news" is you can customize a Sugi RG for 5k+ and maybe a JEM too (for a little more)...

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
If i had to guess at this point... the "big news" is you can customize a Sugi RG for 5k+ and maybe a JEM too (for a little more)...
that has been confirmed by Ibanez Germany, now we will be able to order a custom J-Custom Sugi, but has some limitations that can't be changed, like the Tree of life inlay, so I think is a non sense custom shop, and the based price will be 4k, I'd prefer to go with mayones or skervesent to order a custom shop.

Aaron

Reaction score
that has been confirmed by Ibanez Germany, now we will be able to order a custom J-Custom Sugi, but has some limitations that can't be changed, like the Tree of life inlay, so I think is a non sense custom shop, and the based price will be 4k, I'd prefer to go with mayones or skervesent to order a custom shop.

I figured it was gonna be like this. Really sucks your instagram lacs page got pulled, i really enjoyed it.

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
I figured it was gonna be like this. Really sucks your instagram lacs page got pulled, i really enjoyed it.
Right, I think that Custom Shop option sucks... I opened another page @LACSIBANEZ :D

mrpanoff

Reaction score
the only thing that can't be change is the tree of life Inlay, it will be made by Sugi luthiers and estimated price range will be 5-7K, which is a shame by ibanez to offer such as limited CUSTOM SHOP Option

Now as a highly limited option you can request to remove the ToL for an extra 5-7K! :orly:

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
I can see why (if it pans out to be true) that Ibanez would want to keep their established brand identity of vines on J-Customs if they're opening the doors to the public. For every one that actually would have bought one, !if not for the inlay" there are probably two that would buy it with the inlay.

If I'm right there are a couple of RGs floating around at about £7K with specs I wouldn't like that are probably the sales samples for this programme. I wouldn't want either, but the vine is not the thing putting me off.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Well, at least one thing is the new Jem. The dealers that know about it aren’t at liberty to talk about it, but apparently it’s something significant in the Jem department. I’d personally love to see another 7v7, but I’d be shocked. And then I’d love to see an 8 with a trem, but you’d have a better chance of finding a three legged ballerina. And the coop de grass?! A 7v8! Bring it to me!

But I think the significant changes will be underwhelming, in actuality.

Dyster

Reaction score
id personally like more figured neck and fretboard woods, more ergonomic designs, less headstocks and a sensible fan on the multiscales

id love to actually afford one too, wich is unlikely

DeepSixed

Reaction score
I just got Vai's Christmas newsletter and he confirms there's something coming:

NAMM 2020:
This coming NAMM in January 2020 will be a big one for me. I will be at the Synergy and Ibanez booths on that Saturday doing signings and will be doing a gig with the band at HOB that Saturday night. We have a very nice surprise happening at Ibanez this NAMM that I’m sure you will get a kick out of. A VERY nice surprise that I am busting at the bit for you to see, hear, feel, touch and taste it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')