Ibanez NAMM 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

knet370

Reaction score
Your thoughts?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1576798352074.jpg
    FB_IMG_1576798352074.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 284

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Your thoughts?
Damnit! Reverse toilet bowl. A definite upgrade from standard toilet bowl. Are they seriously sitting back and laughing? Why am I not surprised? Now they're going with the B-stock tops or something? I mean this is an advertisement photo. You'd think they'd find some better specimens at least. More of the same it would seem. I really hope I'm wrong. Ibanez, please be messing with me.

knet370

Reaction score
I wonder Why didnt they use jescar ss frets instead. Gold evo on a black and chrome hardware..hmmm

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
^ I’m confused about what is wrong with the tops? I prefer quilt tops, but I don’t see anything wrong.
^ Personal tastes for sure. I think the way they're stained is probably most of my issues with them. I've personally don't care for most burl tops. It's very rare I see one I really like. I much prefer flamed, quilted, and spalts, even plain old boring grained maple to burls. Just personal taste.

I play music

Reaction score
Your thoughts?
The most interesting thing to me is that fixed bridge.
^ Personal tastes for sure. I think the way they're stained is probably most of my issues with them. I've personally don't care for most burl tops. It's very rare I see one I really like. I much prefer flamed, quilted, and spalts, even plain old boring grained maple to burls. Just personal taste.
Most look horrible imo but the blue one in the photo is ok.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
That hardtail bridge looks like it's made out of single saddles like the fanned fret models. Why though?
It looks like it is single saddles and they all adjust for intonation seperately too. Probably cheaper to produce/less parts etc.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Might be better than any burls I've seen before in indonesian product ranges, and even better if they don't look too cheap in real life. Judging by the sides thickness is more than just a veneer. Also new hardtail bridge looks interesting, and volume pot further away from the bridge is a plus.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's just a cheapo individual saddle bridge, there's really nothing outwardly special about it.

As for the "tops", it's probably like all the Premiums, a veneer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')