Ibanez NAMM 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
661010_main_l_201912251137.jpg

I still don't see a point for the richlite top
Look like a BM style ebony top but cheaper and lower maintenance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
That tiny strip of visible wood above the bridge :(
but remember that that is a digital made picture it's not the final view, the real one might not have that strip

look mi bridge there is no visible stripe and is the same bridge
E76F6BAE-32CB-49FA-8C85-CB53223F8FD1.jpeg

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
but remember that that is a digital made picture it's not the final view, the real one might not have that strip

look mi bridge there is no visible stripe and is the same bridgeView attachment 75867

That guitar has an opaque finish.

That strip is visible on any guitar with a top thinner than 5/8" and a Floyd route under a transparent finish.

It's just very visible since it's relatively light vs. practically black richlite.

Viginez

Reaction score
very cool one.
also that's not a stripe, it's just the cavity not painted. it definitely should be.

Merrekof

Reaction score
According to the specs he posted, and then seems to have removed, I believe the 6-string version was around $1700 (If I remember correctly)
Thought it was gonna be something like that. This is the first Ibanez bass that I really, really want! Damn that one looks good!

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
oh fuck that RGD owns bones, looks like I might be getting back into Wizard necks at the right time

DEUCE SLUICE

Reaction score
By 'choked' i assume you mean overtensioned? So for bass guitars with scales > 34" you just reduce the gauges of the higher strings to compensate and return to a desired tension. So it seems a gauge issue, not a scale issue.

Overtensioned on a typically set up instrument, for sure, but even with string gauges resulting in the exact same tension on a 35" scale as I have on a 34" it doesn't sound right to me. I've tried it all at this point. It's not only tension, the way the string vibrates is just different. Doesn't make it bad or good or whatever, but it's not what I like and sounds like it's missing something to me.

ExileMetal

Reaction score
1/10, literally unplayable.

Don’t get me wrong, I love basically everything about this. It’s just annoying on a $2000 guitar, feel me? It doesn’t feel intentional, so hopefully the actual model has the top all the way up to the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')