Ibanez NAMM 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
^ I actually couldn't see the inlay in person, so I thought it just had a blank ebony board. Or maybe there's 2 of them, and I saw one with no inlays?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ I actually couldn't see the inlay in person, so I thought it just had a blank ebony board. Or maybe there's 2 of them, and I saw one with no inlays?

It's a dark, semi-reflective material, not pearl like the original K7, so it has to catch the light at the right angle or else it blends in fairly well.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if it has a mahoganny body like the original or Adler like the apex.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
EED72220-1733-4DF7-946F-282315A9B87C.jpeg
BF1C6272-100B-4D08-A74B-359D1E77B856.jpeg
I present to you (Courtesy of Nick @ the Axe Palace) THE MUTHA TRUCKING K720 PROTOTYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
New K7 looks stupid cool. Ibanez did great this year.

The fact still stands that various retailers couldn't move Sabers for years after they were discontinued and even then they had to sink the MAP by nearly 25%.

I just can't shake the feeling that they're priced at a higher margin than their other offerings. I've looked into buying a brand new MiJ saber multiple times, but every time I pull the chute because I'd feel like a chump paying like $600 extra for the S shape over an RG with the exact same spec and trim. I'm sure they're more expensive to produce, but the upcharge for the S series body is really tough to stomach. They've got to be making more on those individually, and in a roundabout way, I bet it's costing them sales and possibly more potential revenue than if they priced them a little lower.

They could always go with a different style of switch and location, like they already do with some of the the Iron Label Sabers.

Man, and I really wish they did. Those iron labels have such a clean layout.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
New K7 looks stupid cool. Ibanez did great this year.

I just can't shake the feeling that they're priced at a higher margin than their other offerings. I've looked into buying a brand new MiJ saber multiple times, but every time I pull the chute because I'd feel like a chump paying like $600 extra for the S shape over an RG with the exact same spec and trim. I'm sure they're more expensive to produce, but the upcharge for the S series body is really tough to stomach. They've got to be making more on those individually, and in a roundabout way, I bet it's costing them sales and possibly more potential revenue than if they priced them a little lower.

Man, and I really wish they did. Those iron labels have such a clean layout.

The current S prestige prices are completely bonkers.

The bodies are cnc'd. Blah blah there's still a lot of work to be done after cnc. But Kiesel has pretty much proven you can cnc a bunch of different stuff and still keep the base costs pretty close.

Additionally, we actually know exactly how much the real difference in price should be...it's like 100 dollars.

The Rg1070 and the S1070 are both in the premium line, have exactly the same specs and the S is 100 dollars more. Using that pricing logic a 5 series S should stainless steel frets and fishman fluence level pickups at it's 2200 price point.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
The Rg1070 and the S1070 are both in the premium line, have exactly the same specs and the S is 100 dollars more. Using that pricing logic a 5 series S should stainless steel frets and fishman fluence level pickups at it's 2200 price point.

Hah, I was thinking of the 1070s as I was writing that reply- I don't remember the exact prices of those models but I remember being surprised at how close they were.

That could also be a case of them keeping the 'Saber margin' the same, but jacking the price up on the RG trim; which is more along the lines of what I think they did on that particular pair. Which I think could also be a good business decision. More profit from the staple RGs and a lower price delta for the Saber could make for more adopters. :2c:

stinkoman

Reaction score
Man, I regret selling my k7 last year and love this new 720, but I'm going to guess its easily $2500 plus.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
I present to you (Courtesy of Nick @ the Axe Palace) THE MUTHA TRUCKING K720 PROTOTYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

But does it djent? ;)

I like this a lot more than the new Vai body shape. The binding sharpens up the already sharp edges of an RG body and I think that makes it look so clean and well defined. This K7 is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')