Ibanez NAMM 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrekof

Reaction score
Nah, those were all small fish/single models. I meant huge product shifts, like completely reinventing/relaunching the Talman as pseudo-Strats and Teles.
Oh ok, never been a fan of those talmans so I let them go by without giving them too much attention. If I want something like a Fender, I'd just buy a Fender. Fender isn't that expensive or out of reach for most people.
Rga blank ebony fretboard with lo pro 25.5 scale 7 string
This! I'm perfectly happy with a solid color in black or whatever. I like those cool finishes and fancy top but I also get bored with them after a while. However I never get bored with plain black!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Oh ok, never been a fan of those talmans so I let them go by without giving them too much attention. If I want something like a Fender, I'd just buy a Fender. Fender isn't that expensive or out of reach for most people.

This! I'm perfectly happy with a solid color in black or whatever. I like those cool finishes and fancy top but I also get bored with them after a while. However I never get bored with plain black!
A lot of people want the traditional tones of a Fender but they don't want to do something as lame as buying a Fender so they buy something else that is Fenderesque but still cool. Only old people and country players actually play Fenders un-ironically.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of people want the traditional tones of a Fender but they don't want to do something as lame as buying a Fender so they buy something else that is Fenderesque but still cool. Only old people and country players actually play Fenders un-ironically.

Pretty much this.

eggy in a bready

Reaction score
You serious? Nearly every kid in a band seems to be playing a jag or jazzmaster these days

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Yeah, Fender is cool again. Their marketing and products have been killing it lately.

Their management shakeup two or three years ago is starting to show dividends.

Yes their marketing team made all of us think we would get some kind of modern upgraded American model but we just got a special neck joint and people are eating them up.

I for one love those Lead II's. I haven't wanted a Fender since I was just starting

eggy in a bready

Reaction score
preview.jpg

This thing is extremely sick. Might get it over the RGDR4327 tbh

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Yes their marketing team made all of us think we would get some kind of modern upgraded American model but we just got a special neck joint and people are eating them up.

I for one love those Lead II's. I haven't wanted a Fender since I was just starting
the ultra neck joint is a joke. AANJ it aint. It's barely contoured compared to most shredder guitars.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
What’s lame about buying a Fender? Worrying so much ab the name on your headstock that you make that big a deal ab finding the same thing with a different name on it is lame.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
What’s lame about buying a Fender? Worrying so much ab the name on your headstock that you make that big a deal ab finding the same thing with a different name on it is lame.

Then I'm happy to be lame haha. Fender do make fine products across all price brackets however like most well-established/popular brands it has a fanbase that I personally find rather cancerous and would rather not be associated with.

This is just my own theory (might be true, fuck knows) however I think that reasoning I just outlined is a good reason why people stay away from brands/dislike them: they don't like the people associated with those brands.

eggy in a bready

Reaction score
Then I'm happy to be lame haha. Fender do make fine products across all price brackets however like most well-established/popular brands it has a fanbase that I personally find rather cancerous and would rather not be associated with.

This is just my own theory (might be true, fuck knows) however I think that reasoning I just outlined is a good reason why people stay away from brands/dislike them: they don't like the people associated with those brands.
My guy, everyone everywhere play fenders. They're one of the most popular brands on the planet for good reason. If you're letting their "cancerous fanbase" (???) dissuade you from playing one, well, you're doing yourself a disservice there bud

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
My guy, everyone everywhere play fenders. They're one of the most popular brands on the planet for good reason. If you're letting their "cancerous fanbase" (???) dissuade you from playing one, well, you're doing yourself a disservice there bud

The "cancerous fanbase" comment is directed to the wankers that insist that squires/cheaper brands of a known brand 'aren't real guitars'. Same types of dudes exist in the Gibson camp (Epiphone) and PRS (the amount of guys who rag on the SE line is insane). I'd rather not be lumped into that group - especially being told as a 11-year-old kid that my no-name SG copy "wasn't a real guitar" which at the time made me feel sad and shit about my guitar when what I should have been enjoying was how fun it actually is to play the guitar.

Went a bit ranty there and apologies for I guess being a bit blunt however that level of elitism fanboy (of which unfortunately there is a lot of) can get right royally fucked.

eggy in a bready

Reaction score
The "cancerous fanbase" comment is directed to the wankers that insist that squires/cheaper brands of a known brand 'aren't real guitars'. Same types of dudes exist in the Gibson camp (Epiphone) and PRS (the amount of guys who rag on the SE line is insane). I'd rather not be lumped into that group - especially being told as a 11-year-old kid that my no-name SG copy "wasn't a real guitar" which at the time made me feel sad and shit about my guitar when what I should have been enjoying was how fun it actually is to play the guitar.

Went a bit ranty there and apologies for I guess being a bit blunt however that level of elitism fanboy (of which unfortunately there is a lot of) can get right royally fucked.
I mean, there's tons of elitism here too. Ibanez Premiums/Iron Labels, ESP E-II/LTD, etc all get undue flak on here just because they're considered budget brands. You need to hold sso to that standard before you start writing off the dad brands for that kind of thing.

And besides, i couldn't imagine playing a guitar, loving everything about it, but ultimately deciding that it wasn't for me simply because some other people did a thing and now the whole brand sucks. That's insane to me

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I mean, there's tons of elitism here too. Ibanez Premiums/Iron Labels, ESP E-II/LTD, etc all get undue flak on here just because they're considered budget brands. You need to hold sso to that standard before you start writing off the dad brands for that kind of thing.

And besides, i couldn't imagine playing a guitar, loving everything about it, but ultimately deciding that it wasn't for me simply because some other people did a thing and now the whole brand sucks. That's insane to me

Oh there's brand elitism everywhere - however that memory/feeling has stuck with me. Early impressions as a kid count for so much. The manufacturers (Fender/Gibson/PRS0 make amazing guitars, I've played many of each and enjoyed playing them - just always have this bias in my head against them.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I say screw any brand loyalty. Whoever builds the guitar you like best wins wether that be a $100 Squire or a $5k ESP. It's all about playability, tone, and quality. Magic mojo guitars exist on all levels. Some might just need a little tlc to get up to par.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')