Ibanez NAMM 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would anyone with good historical knowledge of Ibanez care to speculate about when would a Pia 7-string can be expected?

I want to pre-order the pink one, but not being a 7-stringer is an issue.

It took 25 years for them to release a JEM 7-string.

Don't see a PIA 7 in the immediate future.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Would anyone with good historical knowledge of Ibanez care to speculate about when would a Pia 7-string can be expected?

They’re going to release a pink Pia 7 a week from never.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score

If only you didn't want one. Then they would build it. But now it's to late unless you truly give up all hope in them. Don't worry, you'll still get to see the only one they make for Steve Vai and shove in all their advertisements just to tease you and piss you off. It's the Ibanez way.
- No, I'm not bitter. Why do you say that? : )

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
If only you didn't want one. Then they would build it. But now it's to late unless you truly give up all hope in them. Don't worry, you'll still get to see the only one they make for Steve Vai and shove in all their advertisements just to tease you and piss you off. It's the Ibanez way.
- No, I'm not bitter. Why do you say that? : )

That's almost true. I was talking with Nick Yoffe (Axe Palace) on the phone a couple of weeks ago about guitars, and I told him how I juuuuust missed Bret Beebe's 7v7 that he sold on FB. Nick said it was funny, because when they came out a few years ago they didn't sell well at all. They hung around in stores quite a while. But now they've reached cult status, and we all want one.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's almost true. I was talking with Nick Yoffe (Axe Palace) on the phone a couple of weeks ago about guitars, and I told him how I juuuuust missed Bret Beebe's 7v7 that he sold on FB. Nick said it was funny, because when they came out a few years ago they didn't sell well at all. They hung around in stores quite a while. But now they've reached cult status, and we all want one.

I had two. You're not missing anything. :2c:

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
I had two. You're not missing anything. :2c:

Depends how on what you’re looking for. They were a great looking, Prestige level, 25.5” scale 7string. If you want more than that, no you’re not missing anything. If that’s the sort of thing you’re after, then the JEM7V7 was great...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Depends how on what you’re looking for. They were a great looking, Prestige level, 25.5” scale 7string. If you want more than that, no you’re not missing anything. If that’s the sort of thing you’re after, then the JEM7V7 was great...

They were a dolled up UV777PBK for the most part, necks were very similar. Quality was to be expected.

Really, you're paying for the aesthetic package.

Which is totally fine. Especially if you're into that thing.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
The one I saw was an instagram story without mentioning the new line, only that there were x number of units left and that they would be discontinued.
Matt said two weeks ago that he and Epiphone are making a new MKH model. Considering the new line Epiphone just revealed has Fishman Fluences, the new MKH would be the same now that he's using them along with the Evertune.
https://twitter.com/matthewkheafy/status/1214923345109618688

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score

Pre order it with Rich ibanez rules

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
Now that I remember I'm disappointed that Ibanez didn't come with the RGA7 signature of Bowen.
upload_2020-1-21_10-21-45.jpeg

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I was more dissapointed that this wasn't available:
View attachment 76879
If I ever got Ibanez to build me a guitar it would be this. With Jake's Titans that is.
Oh, Look. He's got one too along with Munky. Another guitar they won't make available to the public but keep showing in photo shoots. It's that RGA 7 stinrg with LoPRo I keep talking about. I'd buy that guitar if they actually sold it. Gettng really sick of Ibanez. The Rga-7 with a LoPro is my design by the way. Just sayin. : )

Merrekof

Reaction score
Oh, Look. He's got one too along with Munky. Another guitar they won't make available to the public but keep showing in photo shoots. It's that RGA 7 stinrg with LoPRo I keep talking about. I'd buy that guitar if they actually sold it. Gettng really sick of Ibanez. The Rga-7 with a LoPro is my design by the way. Just sayin. : )
Actually this photo is from 2010. This was his first LACS, I think. This was years before he got his own sig model. But yeah, Munky's new Apex looks killer, it was an instant reminder of the abovementioned guitar.

Jan

Reaction score
Actually this photo is from 2010. This was his first LACS, I think. This was years before he got his own sig model. But yeah, Munky's new Apex looks killer, it was an instant reminder of the abovementioned guitar.
Love the Apex, but seriously string gauge (factory) 054 for DROP A??? HOW ON EARTH IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE ON THE 25.5 SCALE??? Is this a joke?
Apologies if someone has already posted this:

danpintos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Love the Apex, but seriously string gauge (factory) 054 for DROP A??? HOW ON EARTH IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE ON THE 25.5 SCALE??? Is this a joke?
Apologies if someone has already posted this:

I remember when I first started playing on my shitty Epiphone in middle school. Didn't have the money or means to get new strings for months at a time, and I was a fan of death metal. Drop A on 9-46... did it sound good? Hell no LOL. But it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')