Ibanez NAMM 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I was kind of disappointed about the new releases from this year. I was really looking for a 7 string Prestige with Fishman's, reverse headstock, and fixed bridge. Maybe that was too much to ask for haha. I'm interested in purchasing a 7 and if i stick with Ibanez i might just got for the RGR5227MFX or RGR752AHBF.

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
Man, I regret selling my k7 last year and love this new 720, but I'm going to guess its easily $2500 plus.
Yeah I'm sure it will be around 2699 at least. The recent Apex 200 was 2599 i think. Doesn't matter, I'm still buying this one regardless, haha.

zenonshandro

Reaction score
I'd much rather see the new Apex 30 WITH A LoPro. Heyzues Ibanez, they just don't get it do they?

YupYupYupYupYup!

I was kind of disappointed about the new releases from this year. I was really looking for a 7 string Prestige with Fishman's, reverse headstock, and fixed bridge. Maybe that was too much to ask for haha. I'm interested in purchasing a 7 and if i stick with Ibanez i might just got for the RGR5227MFX or RGR752AHBF.

Absolutely heinous self indulgence there, lol. :rofl:
Was thinking the same general idea but with a trem.:mf666:

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Kiesel have the big advantage of selling direct. There is no retailer taking a cut nor the shipping expense of shipping to the retailer.

that’s literally not what I’m talking about.

All I’m saying is that once the cnc process is running as intended there’s no reason that an s prestige and an rg prestige shouldn’t be within a hundred dollars of each other.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

All I’m saying is that once the cnc process is running as intended there’s no reason that an s prestige and an rg prestige shouldn’t be within a hundred dollars of each other.

The reason is the market. They're going to sell them at whatever they can get for them, and if the S's can command a higher price, then they're gonna do that.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

But Ibanez doesn't own/run their manufacturing. If Fujigen says that Sabers are more expensive, they are.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
But Ibanez doesn't own/run their manufacturing. If Fujigen says that Sabers are more expensive, they are.

Which could certainly be the case. All I'm saying is that it's weird given how they've been pricing things in the last 3-4 years or so...

because unless I'm crazy these are all just difference shapes at the same price.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez...urst-1500000013838.gc?rNtt=ibanez six&index=1
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez...st-1500000032779.gc?rNtt=ibanez rgaix&index=4
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez...rst-1500000177736.gc?rNtt=ibanez rgix&index=1

Actually if this is the case why is the s1070 100 dollars more.

Goddamit ibanez now i'm confused. I'm just going to buy a used s5470 right now and stop thinking about new guitars.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Which could certainly be the case. All I'm saying is that it's weird given how they've been pricing things in the last 3-4 years or so...

because unless I'm crazy these are all just difference shapes at the same price.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez/Iron-Label-S-Series-SIX6FDFM-Electric-Guitar-Blue-Space-Burst-1500000013838.gc?rNtt=ibanez six&index=1
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez/Iron-Label-RG-Series-RGAIX6FM-Electric-Guitar-Flat-White-Frost-1500000032779.gc?rNtt=ibanez rgaix&index=4
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez/RGIX6FDLB-RG-Iron-Label-Electric-Guitar-Northern-Lights-Burst-1500000177736.gc?rNtt=ibanez rgix&index=1

Actually if this is the case why is the s1070 100 dollars more.

Goddamit ibanez now i'm confused. I'm just going to buy a used s5470 right now and stop thinking about new guitars.

The pricing systems used by Fujigen and Cortek aren't identical.

The S1070 is priced higher than those Iron Labels for a number of reasons: Premium branding, neck-through, etc.

Another factor is units ordered and sold. The Saber has always sold significantly fewer, even if similarly spec'd, units than the RG.

Fewer forecasted sales, fewer ordered from OEMs, less savings on scale.

This also isn't anything new. If you look at historic price lists, the Saber has pretty much always commanded a 10% to 15% premium over similar RGs.

AltecGreen

Reaction score

It's hard to say. A good rule thumb for retail products is that you multiply the actual cost of production by a factor to arrive at the final retail price. For a lot of products this factor is about four.

The S will take longer than an RG even on a CNC machine. I'm quite familiar with CNC work since we use them for making experiment parts. Curved parts always take longer. You also have to remember that CNC is only for roughing the shape. You still have handwork to get to final net shape. Time is money. If it takes an extra $75 to make the S over the RG, then the difference in final retail price can easy be $300 using my rule of four.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
It's hard to say. A good rule thumb for retail products is that you multiply the actual cost of production by a factor to arrive at the final retail price. For a lot of products this factor is about four.

The S will take longer than an RG even on a CNC machine. I'm quite familiar with CNC work since we use them for making experiment parts. Curved parts always take longer. You also have to remember that CNC is only for roughing the shape. You still have handwork to get to final net shape. Time is money. If it takes an extra $75 to make the S over the RG, then the difference in final retail price can easy be $300 using my rule of four.

right so an S with these specs for 400 or so more?

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez/RG5120M-Prestige-Electric-Guitar-Frozen-Ocean-1500000235978.gc

I'm totally down.

Where it at.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Some cool new Ibanez models this year, for sure.

Really happy for Yvette Young and her new sig. It looks great.

Equally happy for Nita Strauss's JIVA, giving both a lower-end model and a well-deserved Japanese model, which looks GORGEOUS. My fave Ibanez guitars have always been Sabres, and her Japanese JIVA X is awesome.

EDIT:

Hmm, I don't see Nita's MiJ JIVA on the Ibanez website.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Equally happy for Nita Strauss's JIVA, giving both a lower-end model and a well-deserved Japanese model, which looks GORGEOUS. My fave Ibanez guitars have always been Sabres, and her Japanese JIVA X is awesome.

EDIT:

I believe the JIVA X is coming spring/summer.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
According to one of the Ibanez guys I follow on IG, the K720 is going to have a flamed maple top?

diagrammatiks

Reaction score

EDIT:

Nice. I'm glad these are selling well enough to get 2 new models.

I'm intrigued by this cheaper one. I'm more concerned with the frets though. Did they change them to nickel and change the pickups to make it cheaper?

I'm sure the X will be great. But I played multiple Jiva10s in stores and they were all really good.

I personally don't see the need to spring for the X but I'm glad it exists.

edit: I'm super stupid. This guitar never had stainless steel frets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')