IBANEZ OR SCHECTER???

Reaction score
well... this my first oportunity to buy my first 7 string..

i'm a ibanez lover... and a try to buy an rg7123 but here it cost $800
that's more than $3300 in the local money (lot of maney)

but i found an used rg 7321 for only $2400
i don't know when was it made or where...
scale 25.5 (i think)
but it looks ok... and it's standar (just a few year of use)

and my other option..
it's a new schecter omen extreme 7!!!
this was made this year... is one of the last guitras that enter in argentina
and would be for long. i think it has two active BMG pickups and a scale 26.5 that allow me to tunning loewr.. like a 8 string
and it cost only $2500

can somebody help my to decide??
i'm playing metal... death-core.. math-core.. so... the schecter scale will siut me but...

i want my ibanez =,(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pooluke41

H. Maddas
Reaction score
BMG Pickups?

But don't pick the ibanez, just because it's an ibanez, pick it if you like it.

Powermetalbass

Powermetalbassist
Reaction score
Try both if you can, and pick what feels right for you. I'm an Ibanez Guy (Bassist), and I've tried the Schecters. Both are great, but the EMG's that come standard on the almost all the schecters put me off of them pretty quick (Not an EMG guy)

Raxa

om nom nom
Reaction score
i love Schecter
try Blackjack and you forget of Ibanez:)

fwd0120

Bipedal Hominid
Reaction score
hEY MAN, i WOULD GO WITH |i BANEZ. tHEY S\SOUND GOOD TO mE BETTER THEBN SCHECTERS AND THE NECKS ARE THE BEST AND THE BRIDGE AND STUFF. gOOD LUCK, |dUDE!

pstol

Reaction score
I enjoy the ibanez necks MUCH more than schecter, play both!

degge

Reaction score
I'd go with the Ibanez if I were you.

But it's all about preference. I prefer Ibanez over Schecters.

Reaction score
I would have a go of both of them and then decide.... lol I would be leaning more towards Ibanez though :p

NJ

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Get the Schecter, definitely. I may be biased as all the RG7321s I've played (owned one) have had atrocious quality.

Reaction score
mod edit:
Official SS.org Forum Rules Effective 11/2010

10. This is a US based forum, as such members must refrain from using any language other than English on a regular basis. Take it to PMs please.

Si te gustan las Ibanez trata de ahorrar un poco más y compra una rg1527 o una rg7620 usada. La diferencia de calidad entre las japonesas y las de indonesia es mucha. Yo tengo una RG1527 y es super cómoda no es un gran esfuerzo pasar de las 6 a las 7 cuerdas. Probé una vez una rg7321 en una tienda y la verdad es que las terminaciones, la de la madera del cuello y el aspecto general de la guitarra era de una calidad claramente inferior, incluso el acceso a los trastes más altos era un poco más incomodo.
Respecto a las Schecter son guitarras bonitas pero el mástil es bastante más grueso y para mi gusto incómodo al compararlo con el de las Ibanez, además traen capsulas activas cuyo sonido es un tanto estéril al compararlo con DiMarzio o Seymour Duncan y en caso que quieras cambiarlas por pasivas es un culo porque las cavidades son más grandes en las EMG (te va quedar un espacio a rellenar) y tienes que cambiar los potenciometros también por unos de 500K o 1000K.
La diferencia en el largo de la escala la puedes compensar usando cuerdas más gruesas si quieres afinar en La, sol o fa
Finalmente creo que debes probar ambas guitarras para poder compararlas

Saludos

Latest posts

')