Ibanez - Possible new 8 String Xiphos

• Thread starter Ntbillie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ntbillie

Reaction score
Ibanez have recently been posting alot about these on their facebook page. I am not 100% sure if it's a signature or a custom. But what I do know is Ibanez is making an eight string Xiphos. Yes you read that right. It's EIGHT STRINGS! I'm actually pretty excited about this idea. It would be good to see Ibanez introduce a new model to the 8 string family. If it does turn out to be a Dino Cazares signature, We all can expect it to have Seymour Duncan Blackouts. Also I recently tried out the Emg X pickups on an Rga8. And they are pretty sick. Soo if anybody is looking to replace their pickups. Give those a try.

EDIT: Let's not try to over embellish this - Dino has said in the past he's not interested in a signature and everything about this post is here-say.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ntbillie

Reaction score
why would it be a dino sig? he doesnt use that model

Well Brother, Dino has recently been using Two-sevenstring Xiphos. I'm not really a fan of Dino. But I was just really stroked about Ibanez making a new eight string model. The Rga8 has crappy pickups,The Rg2228 is too expensive for my budget. Soo I just think in general the Xiphos eight string will make a great addition. It should cost just around the Rga8 price..if it isn't a Dino signature.

34579461.jpg

avenger

Reaction score
An 8 string xiphos?

That would be awesome but I am already having nightmares about the neckdive!

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Supposedly they are showing 3 new X series guitars at Musikmesse.

Maybe this will be one.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Well Brother, Dino has recently been using Two-sevenstring Xiphos. I'm not really a fan of Dino. But I was just really stroked about Ibanez making a new eight string model. The Rga8 has crappy pickups,The Rg2228 is too expensive for my budget. Soo I just think in general the Xiphos eight string will make a great addition. It should cost just around the Rga8 price..if it isn't a Dino signature.

What makes you say it will be around the RGA8 price range? The Xiphos 7 is more expensive than that. I doubt they would make a Xiphos 8 string cheaper than the 7 string counterpart.

Kali Yuga

Reaction score
What makes you say it will be around the RGA8 price range? The Xiphos 7 is more expensive than that. I doubt they would make a Xiphos 8 string cheaper than the 7 string counterpart.
There's only a couple hundred in price difference between the RGA8 and Xiphos 7-string, which is probably mostly due to the fact that the Xiphos comes with DiMarzios instead of Ibanez crap. If they made a Xiphos 8-string with Ibanez LZ actives, then I could see it being within the RGA8 price range. I would be worried about the neck weight though, since the 7s are already notorious for being terribly balanced and need strap placement mods to sit comfortably.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
8 string Xiphos sounds good too me!

Does the 7 string really have a bad neck dive? I know the 6 string does because I've played it.

The idea of an 8 string Xiphos would be cool. But I'm looking forward to the new X Series that was posted on here recently.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm wondering if an 8-string Xiphos was a big reason behind DiMarzio designing an 8-string D-Activator...

Xiphos68

Reaction score
I'm wondering if an 8-string Xiphos was a big reason behind DiMarzio designing an 8-string D-Activator...

That is a very good thought...but also they've known that their customers have been demanding them for a while as well and to compete with EMG. But the more I think about the more it makes sense.

:yesway:

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
just scanned their FB page all the way back to as early as October and didnt see anything at all about this....

Ntbillie

Reaction score
just scanned their FB page all the way back to as early as October and didnt see anything at all about this....

Funny,it was posted a week back. It actually started when they asked their customers if they prefer 6,7 or 8. And then a guy posted on it saying 'A Dino Cazares signature would be good..' And a reply was later posted to that by the Ibanez official page admin 'You will just have to wait and see what is revealed at the Musicmesse.' This was basically when this whole thing got started. And there have been alotta talks about it. Having said that Brother I did mention it's not confirmed that if it's a signature or just another addition to the Xiphos. But there are huge chances of an Eight string Xiphos coming out by Ibanez this year. I'll keep you guys posted. Thankyou.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Supposedly they are showing 3 new X series guitars at Musikmesse.

Maybe this will be one.
no, it won't. i've seen the 3 new X's, those are all brand new shapes.

dunno, if i'd dig an 8-string Xiphos too much. i'd much rather see them throw a re-finished 2228 into the market.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
shitsøn;2418830 said:
no, it won't. i've seen the 3 new X's, those are all brand new shapes.

dunno, if i'd dig an 8-string Xiphos too much. i'd much rather see them throw a re-finished 2228 into the market.

Any pics?
:cool:

A new color to the RG2228 would be cool.
But I think the galaxy color is awesome anwyway.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I seriously doubt an 8 string Xiphos. Mad shaped guitars and 8 strings are both pretty niche instruments, I just don't see it selling well enough. That, and the other xiphos models had neck dive issues so I doubt a 8 string would be any better.

')