Ibanez - Possible new 8 String Xiphos

• Thread starter Ntbillie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
003.jpg

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Holy fucking shit biscuits. Thank you. It says prototype, I'm hoping that means they're seeing how it does before releasing a 7.

ixlramp

Reaction score
It would be good to see a modern ergonomic x shape ... a Xiphos type shape with a long top horn for balance, it would be a true x shape too, not a Yiphos :D

I can hardly believe it, I got exactly what I wanted ... :cool:
It's an excellent ergonomic design with character too.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
My text convo with Dino.

Me: A few of us on sevenstring.org are hearing rumors of an 8 string Xiphos, do you know anything about that?
DC: No they are not making nor have they ever made one Not true
Me: Cool, thanks for the clarification. I think you rocking one would be pretty dope but that's just my opinion.
DC: Ibanez guys said no for sure and cause of the xiphos odd size that weight and balance would be to much of a issue

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
There was never any actual evidence towards this and noone from Ibanez ever even indirectly alluded to it...how did this thread start again? :lol: Thanks Rick, for affirmatively dispelling this. It would be a cool model, but it would never see production as it's just too much of a niche (other than the obvious weight problems). All I can see happening would be a Premiumish 8 like was mentioned before, in a standard RG or RGA shape.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Ibanez have recently been posting alot about these on their facebook page. I am not 100% sure if it's a signature or a custom. But what I do know is Ibanez is making an eight string Xiphos. Yes you read that right. It's EIGHT STRINGS! I'm actually pretty excited about this idea. It would be good to see Ibanez introduce a new model to the 8 string family. If it does turn out to be a Dino Cazares signature, We all can expect it to have Seymour Duncan Blackouts. Also I recently tried out the Emg X pickups on an Rga8. And they are pretty sick. Soo if anybody is looking to replace their pickups. Give those a try.

:shrug:

')