Ibanez RG in Daphne Blue

nienturi

Reaction score
Hello There (General Kenobi),

I had an Ibanez RG870z Premium and it was good ole 'Boring Black'. So i want it to be refinished in something more "colorful" (plus some minor modifications). Here are some photos, hope you like them;

All modifications handled by King Bee Custom Painting; https://www.instagram.com/kingbeecustompaintworks/

018.jpg

dsc00981.jpg

dsc00956.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

034.jpg

039.jpg

dsc00947.jpg

dsc00949.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

DSC00963.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

dsc00973.jpg

dsc00975.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
Now that's one cool looking guitar and I love the scalloping of the fret board near the high end. That guitar looks like it's ready to rock. And may I ask you a question? What image hosting site do you use to post your lovely axe. I'm not having any luck with Imgur at the moment. Thanks.

;>)/

nienturi

Reaction score
Looks fantastic!!!

awesome colour!

Rad to the max

Looks great!

Thank you guys. I wish you better ones :)

Now that's one cool looking guitar and I love the scalloping of the fret board near the high end. That guitar looks like it's ready to rock. And may I ask you a question? What image hosting site do you use to post your lovely axe. I'm not having any luck with Imgur at the moment. Thanks.

Well, thank you, first of all. And since i have many issues with photobucket and some other image hosting platforms i've uploaded to my blog and then have a permenant link of them. Better than nothing, right? :)

Nice job!
Black is true a boring color,it makes all guitars look same!

Thats excatly how i feel. Whats the difference between a black RG570 and black RG370, right?

Awesome stuff looks like it would actually make you want to pick it upand play unlike uninspiring black

Totally :)

I'd have had the headstock painted too, otherwise it's pretty cool with the clear pickguard.

I'd make it done either but i like how the logo appears. Mother of pearl kind of shine, you know. I like it so that i kept the headstock.

Not bad at all. I would have gone full cream on the PUs and with a perloid pickguard.

Full cream pickups are hard to find unless the are dimarzios, you know ;) I dont have much positive feeling for the pearloid but i'll try brown tortoise pickguard in future. I'll show you when the time is right ;)

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
I'm doing the same thing on an RG 7321. Yours looks so good!

Ludgate

Reaction score
Nice! I'm doing the same to my FGM200 as well, might have to install a set of zebra hsh pickups in mine, they look great with the new color!

nienturi

Reaction score
Oh, wow! Loving the color!

I'm doing the same thing on an RG 7321. Yours looks so good!
Nice! I'm doing the same to my FGM200 as well, might have to install a set of zebra hsh pickups in mine, they look great with the new color!

Im waiting impatiently for the results of yours. BTW, i may suggest you to try also other beautiful 50s Fender finishes.
Daphne blue is my second attempt to project 50s fender concepts on an RG theme. The first one was this;

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
I'm also doing a daphne blue refinish.
If everything goes right, I'll probably try a surf green rg2228.

Latest posts

')