Ibanez RG1077XL x2 - RG2154XL? (ISDN=Sure..)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nick first of all congrats. I though that You had one of those alraedy.

I miss my 2077XL so much. :(

Hope You will like it. Give them some time and try with other pickups. I just love Blaze Custom Bridge in that guitar.

the one with Evo and white coffin case is from Drache?? right??

cheers mate and once again congrats

Nope I've never had one of these. It's the only Ibanez 7 available in the USA I've never had besides the RG7321/AX7221 until now (I think). Yes that one is from Drache. I don't really like the Blaze Custom much with tube amps, but you might be right. I'm tempted to try the D Activator finally.

Vevetz: The 2077 is the same as the 1077, its just the Japanese only version.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Isn't it has different tremolos?

2077 - is Japanese?
1077- ?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Isn't it has different tremolos?

2077 - is Japanese?
1077- ?

Theyre both Japanese man. The RG1077XL was available in the US and Japan. Then, the 1077XL was discontinued in the US, and the 2077XL became available but only overseas. It's the same thing, except yeah, the 1077XL has the Lo Pro, and the 2077XL has the newer Edge Pro like newer Universes.

kherman

Reaction score
Awesome looking guitars.
Love the metallic blue color.
very sweet.
Congrats.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice scores. What do you think of the Evolution sound in that one? I have Ken's old 1077Xl and I havent decided which direction to go pickupwise.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice scores. What do you think of the Evolution sound in that one? I have Ken's old 1077Xl and I havent decided which direction to go pickupwise.

The Evo is always a good choice in a basswood Ibanez. I've had one before, in an RG7421XL and it was kickass. I always had one in an RG2027 - equally as good. It packs a lot of punch, lots of harmonic overtones, clarity, output... really cool mids, its bright but not harsh. I like it a lot.

Sleeper

Reaction score
That's fecking cool, 2 1077s. Nice score.

I had an Evo7 in my 1077, but I found it to be too bright when tied with the extra-clarity from the 27" scale. I changed it to Blaze Custom, and found a slight improvement but even that's a little too bright for me. My old Tone Zone 7 sitting beside me is actually starting to catch my interest... :ugh:

')